Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Trusted
Verified
Does everyone have to create a new thread for their config's to show or will it be fixed?

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Hello guys,
You should be able now to add a signature, and also edit your own posts/thread title (this should allow you to see the custom fields in Security Configuration forum)...

Can you please test this and see if it works... :)

Reactions: Detection

Overkill

Level 31
Trusted
Verified
I can edit my sig but I don't see the link and unlink button and I still can't see my config completely to edit the top portion...littlebits was kind enough to edit it for me

Exterminator

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Something I came across while exploring the new forum platform and thought I would share if somebody hasn't noticed it yet.I like this,very handy :)

click on the button in the screenshot below "Open Quick Navigation"

this brings up the Quick Navigation Menu

Very cool and very handy

Reactions: Jack

Detection

Level 1
Hello guys,
You should be able now to add a signature, and also edit your own posts/thread title (this should allow you to see the custom fields in Security Configuration forum)...
<snipped>
Can you please test this and see if it works... :)
I get this error after trying to edit just one line of my existing sig

Your signature is 8 line(s) too long.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
I get this error after trying to edit just one line of my existing sig

Your signature is 8 line(s) too long.
There is probably a limit on the amount of characters per signature.
It is the same for me,I imagine it is a default setting.If you notice the editor for signatures has less editing options than posting a reply or thread.There is no Hyperlink,colored text as well as some others that are available on the forum board.
I would imagine that these settings are not high on the priority list as I don't think usergroups have even been set.Whether or not a certain limit on signatures is global or different for each usergroup that is up to Jack.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
I wasn't trying to add any more lines, I was trying to edit what is already there
Is that your old signature from when MT was on MyBB ?

If so then that is why you cannot edit it here,you will have to leave it or make a new sig

sid_16

Level 18
Verified
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all the Malwaretips members for their effort in serving and guiding us through the good and virus free computing.

D

Deleted member 178

quite well , busy and lacking of computers for a while but back for good, and you?

Overkill

Level 31
Trusted
Verified
Actually I've been better. I came close to having pneumonia but i'm on meds finally (I get sick like clockwork every winter) and I also still have the Umbra virus lol

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Does everyone have signature option on their profile? I still don't have that option maybe missing on Mods.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.