We are upgrading our forum software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Does everyone have to create a new thread for their config's to show or will it be fixed?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello guys,
You should be able now to add a signature, and also edit your own posts/thread title (this should allow you to see the custom fields in Security Configuration forum)...
fjx23gf.jpg

Can you please test this and see if it works... :)

Reactions: Detection

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I can edit my sig but I don't see the link and unlink button and I still can't see my config completely to edit the top portion...littlebits was kind enough to edit it for me

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Something I came across while exploring the new forum platform and thought I would share if somebody hasn't noticed it yet.I like this,very handy :)

click on the button in the screenshot below "Open Quick Navigation"

kbqslBL.png

this brings up the Quick Navigation Menu

7aw4uE6.png

Very cool and very handy

Reactions: Jack

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Hello guys,
You should be able now to add a signature, and also edit your own posts/thread title (this should allow you to see the custom fields in Security Configuration forum)...
<snipped>
Can you please test this and see if it works... :)

I get this error after trying to edit just one line of my existing sig

Your signature is 8 line(s) too long.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I get this error after trying to edit just one line of my existing sig

Your signature is 8 line(s) too long.

There is probably a limit on the amount of characters per signature.
It is the same for me,I imagine it is a default setting.If you notice the editor for signatures has less editing options than posting a reply or thread.There is no Hyperlink,colored text as well as some others that are available on the forum board.
I would imagine that these settings are not high on the priority list as I don't think usergroups have even been set.Whether or not a certain limit on signatures is global or different for each usergroup that is up to Jack.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I wasn't trying to add any more lines, I was trying to edit what is already there
Is that your old signature from when MT was on MyBB ?

If so then that is why you cannot edit it here,you will have to leave it or make a new sig

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all the MalwareTips members for their effort in serving and guiding us through the good and virus free computing.

D

Deleted member 178

quite well , busy and lacking of computers for a while but back for good, and you?

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Actually I've been better. I came close to having pneumonia but i'm on meds finally (I get sick like clockwork every winter) and I also still have the Umbra virus lol

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
XenForo is very nice software. Thanks MT!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Does everyone have signature option on their profile? I still don't have that option maybe missing on Mods.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.