Serious Discussion What’s New Page (on your browser)

Firefox
15 Replies 1,440 Views

Sampei.Nihira

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
How much it bothers me after every update to see the changes made to each browser version.
In Firefox, I use a policy:

Code:
OverridePostUpdatePage set to ""

In Chrome, I recently unchecked the box in the developer tools under:

1.png

"Show what's new after each update"

and I need to check if it works.
 
Last edited:
@Sampei.Nihira,
In Firefox, I found the "WhatsNew" page after updates somewhat annoying.
Setting the about:config preference browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone as "ignore" was said to disable the "WhatsNew" page, but I never made that setting.
For some reason, I haven't seen the "WhatsNew" page after updates in a long time, I don't remember what the last time was. Perhaps it has to do with the Firefox snap version, or perhaps it is because of some setting, I don't know.
 
I sort my neighbors lappy out for him & he insists on Yahoo mail as browser homepage on Chrome & Edge, I do wonder if he has visited the planet Earth recently, no problem to me I do what people wish these days unless I feel its unsafe - A friend of mine also likes Norton & Malwarebytes running in real time with 4 GIg memory, it takes 10 mins to start up, I'm looking for a newer PC for him but people get set in their ways?? I have abandoned him to his fate somewhat until he sees sense.

OT Again, sorry... :)
 
Last edited:
I don't see a Whats new in Libra Wolf, must look next time but I don't remember seeing it or in Brave either???

Yep, I don't get a What's New in Brave, either. I believe we would have to go to the release note web site to view the changes.
Brave recently changed how it surfaces release information, so many users no longer see a “What’s new” or release notes tab immediately after updating. Instead, changes are now documented on dedicated release‑notes pages.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top