Emisoft - Bad
BG - Bad
360 - Bad
TM - Bad
Kasperky - Good +
Norton - Bad
Comodo - Good -

All the other AVs - Complete bullshit.
Tell me, why is EMSISOFT bad? It is very hard to bypass the protection of Emsisoft. Even without sandbox, when it is partnered with Online Armor, I would choose it over Comodo IS.

Reactions: Littlebits

Aeonwolf

Mar 9, 2014
Tell me, why is EMSISOFT bad? It is very hard to bypass the protection of Emsisoft. Even without sandbox, when it is partnered with Online Armor, I would choose it over Comodo IS.

Emisoft is on of the easiest to bypass.
l0l.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Emisoft is on of the easiest to bypass.
l0l.
1w58.jpg

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ESET - Good
FS - Bad
Emisoft - Bad
BG - Bad
360 - Bad
TM - Bad
Kasperky - Good +
Norton - Bad
Comodo - Good -

All the other AVs - Bad in my opinion.

Everyone has their own opinion about AV's but the facts are obvious, all will fail to protect you if you are reckless, click on everything and don't utilize UAC.

To myself, if one single malware goes undetected by any AV it equals failure. So all are failures.
User actions with common sense will provide better protection than any AV.

Users who are serious about wanting to keep their system protected need to learn more about how to avoid malware by their own actions instead of wasting time trying to configure a software that will sooner or later fail to protect them in the end.

Thanks. :D

Last edited:

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Norton IS:
Norton Internet Security offers decent protection but the Norton slow down the system.

ESET SS:
ESET Smart Security offer awesome protection, Even i am also using ESET SS i didn't find any BUG.
If you are planning to buy a New AV i would be suggestion you to buy ESET SS as it offer Good Features with awesome protection with great lightness.

if you are advanced user ESET would be the best choice.

Kaspersky IS:
Kaspersky offers very awesome protection. But Kaspersky slows down the startup, its affect on startup is minor. which i would neglect.

If you are an intermediate user & want good protection, i would be suggesting you to use KIS.

& if you are an advanced user i would suggest you use ESS, you can use Interactive Mode in HIPS & Firewall for better protection.

Reactions: Venustus

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Qihoo is quite good, and not heavy or had big update problem on my laptop, speaking about Norton IS 2014, that's pretty decent program, it's offer good protection, I was Norton's user, however what I didn't like from norton is due to high FP's :(. It's pretty good program though, but I would stick with Avast if I were you and if I had lag issues on Norton. Panda is also good, but when disconnect from internet = dead :confused:

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.