What Antivirus do you use?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Using BD Free AV for a few weeks now as I'm waiting for the new free AVG/AVAST AV.

It caught a few backdoor trojans yesterday when they were on-access. After which I scanned with MBAM, HMP, ZAM and AdwCleaner and they found nothing. Nothing from VS too. I then scanned using BD Free AV and true enough all the backdoor trojans (in the registry) were revealed and cleansed off.

BD Free AV saves my day. Who says AV is not needed? I wonder if I had AVG/AVAST Free AV installed would it do the same? The only gripe I have of BD is it does not scan removable media.

Note:- Now I'm watching out for giveaway/promotion/hot deal for BD AV Plus 2017 which coms with built-in ransomware protection and removable drive scanning ability

Thanks.

Last edited:

Never heard of that one before.

Ikarus was one of the very first antivirus companies way back in the day. The company won lots of awards early on. Emsisoft used their signatures in their products for a long time.

Ikarus is a small Austrian firm. I suspect nowadays they are mostly corporate AV providers but the standalone AV scanner is still available. It is a lot like Windows Defender with a few features that Windows Defender does not have. Their detection rate is pretty good.

It's more of a boutique scanner.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems Ikarus is having trouble on the management of detection algorithm, cause usually even though you implement a license borrowed engine; then the product should be automatically lessen the erroneous result.

Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.