What Antivirus do you use?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
ESET nod32 antivirus + Voodooshield PRO + NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro + Comodo Firewall + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (on-demand) + Sandboxie + Zemana AntiLogger + GlassWire Pro

How do you like Glasswire Pro? I always wondered what it is like, but I only used the free for about 2 months. Is there a big difference?

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
360 TS + Comodo Firewall (auto sandbox/Firewall only) + NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro (underrated? + EMET 5.5
Can't you do what NVT ERP does using Comodo HIPS Paranoid Mode checking only for execution?
ESET nod32 antivirus + Voodooshield PRO + NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro + Comodo Firewall + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (on-demand) + Sandboxie + Zemana AntiLogger + GlassWire Pro
Wouldn't NVT ERP and VoodooShield be redundant?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Can't you do what NVT ERP does using Comodo HIPS Paranoid Mode checking only for execution?

THANKS. This opened my eyes o_O. I just noticed the global choices for HIPS monitoring of behaviors. Looking at those, I start wondering why I couldn't craft functions similiar to apps like Zemana or SpyShelter for anti-keylogging/anti-screen capture and then monitor .exes as with NVT ERP.

What would the difference be between Paranoid and the next lower choice (I guess that is Safe Mode)?

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
How do you like Glasswire Pro? I always wondered what it is like, but I only used the free for about 2 months. Is there a big difference?

Wouldn't NVT ERP and VoodooShield be redundant?

I have lifetime licenses of Glasswire Pro, Zemana AntiLogger, Sandboxie, Zemana AntiMalware, Shade Sandbox, Shadow Defender, and 2 year license of Voodooshield PRO and dunno I'm trying to collect more as stated by me here.
I'm tired of searching and entering giveaways for antivirus licenses and using a simple solution to computer problems i.e antiviruses.
At first we don't even know the names of such softwares that I've listed. We just know a word i.e antivirus and main antivirus brands like Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, etc. It is from forums as this or when we try to look for more solutions other than antivirus, that we know all this softwares and their names and uses.
I felt a normal person when I joined this forum in front of all others who were using other security softwares and mentioning their names which I had never heard. So I started to learn a bit about all of them names and I've worked hard to collect all these lifetime licenses so that I don't have to depend on any antivirus or keep searching or entering in giveaways. Much more stuff to do than just entering this giveaway or that giveaway just to win a one year or 2 year license.
As for how I like Glasswire Pro... I've just started using it and when we do something by ourselves then only we learn i.e hands-on practice. I was bored reading all this theory that this combination is great or this might not work or follow umbra's hardcore security configurations and all. His job has always been this and his interest too is doing all this and there he has all the time or makes time for it.
I'm just trying to use all of them and different combinations. I don't care if NVT ERP and VoodooShield are redundant. I will use them, see if there is some real conflict and learn from my mistakes than keep reading in theory and avoiding never to do that or this.
Hell I have even quadruple booted my laptop with four OSes i.e Windows 10 Pro x64, Fedora 25 Workstation, Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS,
Kali Linux 2016.2 x64.
Now I never knew that I had the capability or it was possible to install these 4 OSes together. I tried to learn and search about quadruple boot but could find very less videos and the theories related to it.
I installed these 4 OSes coz I needed these 4 OSes. Windows which I've used from childhood and coz Windows 10 is the latest version, then ubuntu coz my college computers have ubuntu installed with windows 7 which is easy, Fedora coz I researched and found out that Linus Torvalds uses fedora so just for that and to learn about rpm pakaging and Kali Linux to become a bit of badass and use some hacking tools.
Just search google and you won't find any tutorial to install these 4 OSes. I installed it for my needs and I didn't knew if it would work, but I did it :) and later I #####ed it though by trying to install Hackintosh as the 5th OS i.e macOS Sierra. I had to settle with using it in VirutalBox. So yep, that's my story :)

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I had to settle with using it in VirutalBox. So yep, that's my story

Great story. I love your setup. I was like you when I joined, but I grew tired of installing programs and feeling like I was changing before I even knew the settings. So I used Private Firewall for 5+ years and just answered to the pop ups on the highest settings. I wanted to learn the dependencies in Windows. Now, I appreciate more and more how much the really experienced members here have worked with the settings of the programs and experimented and tested configurations. It's because, even after 5 years of PF, I still felt like there was much more to learn about actual protection schemes and theory and so on. Every day, I learn alot from the dedication of these diligent members, and it's begun to make sense to me.

Great idea to compile the lifetime licenses. I'm sure you will put them to good use. At the present time, I just want to refine my understanding of proper baseline protection. Hell, Kaspersky is always going to blow us all away with brain tech or Bitdefender with fast defs updates, but it's nice to be able to at least follow the logic of securing a PC or network with some degree of specificity. That means learning Windows and then the choice options available to PC users and to hackers too. Seems limitless sometimes.

I was bored reading all this theory that this combination is great or this might not work or follow umbra's hardcore security configurations and all. His job has always been this and his interest too is doing all this and there he has all the time or makes time for it.
I'm just trying to use all of them and different combinations.

LOL, yes umbra is hardcore for sure. I can't keep up with him in any sense. I just try to take it in, but I can see how that could bore someone too. Seriously, it frustrated me to a large degree when I first started really reading the posts while attempting to learn. I wondered if it made sense to even try. Might not be the same for everyone, but now I do see the benefit of all the hours of concentrated reading I've been doing, even though it is difficult. I guess it's the same story, but you learn by using the progs.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
@whizkidraj
I think he uses Fedora because he doesn't want to change and he already uses Fedora initially? I don't think he actually cares about what distro he uses nor actually actively comparing between them.
Hehe, I don't know mate what's the real reason, but I do remember him specifically mentioning that he's been using fedora for a long time or it's his favourite Linux distro. I don't remember the actual comment he made but yep, I remember his love for fedora (and Arch Linux, too). Also, I read that NASA people use fedora, too, so yep, another reason...if not only for Linus Torvalds.
That guy is really a loud mouth btw. Real genuis but I see how Linux users have learned to talk and act so superior...i.e just like him.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.