Advice Request What are some Windows system restore alternative softwares?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
Most of the time my PC doesn't make restore points , even if I manually do it, it still get removed after few restarts, So I need some software which reliably can make restore points manually! I am not looking for a backup software since I am already using Macrium Reflect!

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
the reviews

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Most of the time my PC doesn't make restore points , even if I manually do it, it still get removed after few restarts, So I need some software which reliably can make restore points manually! I am not looking for a backup software since I am already using Macrium Reflect!

I use Macrium Reflect Free as my backup solution Reflect Free a lot of the time.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
There are two that I really trust that are both still in active development. One is Terabyte's Image for Windows/Linux and the other is Macrium Reflect. Both have proven invaluable to me fore years. Anyone who uses a computer should have a complete backup image stored on an external drive. That being said, the closest to what you are talking about, with restore points, would be the paid version of reflect. That way you can simply select and i mage and have it auto-restore and restart. I just would not ever trust anything where the backups cannot be stored externally, that way iof you need to restore everything you're not completely screwed.

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
If you often do backups, I don't think you'd need a restore point alternatives. If your Macrium is paid, then its incremental backups are very fast and reliable to the point I don't desire software like Rollback RX and Easy Fix(these are what you're looking for). Windows restore point have always failed me which is just twice but still.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.