What are those from the UK thoughts on the UK leaving the EU

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Well, thats the right steep. The near future maybe goes pretty hard but it is the right decision for the future. get out of the facist EU. The EU should not be exist like it is now. Its nothing like democratie, its more like a empire with many states. Hope Germany gets out soon too.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I was against leaving the EU....
IMO some who voted to leave did so because of a mistaken belief that We (The UK) would be independent as a result,without taking into consideration the amount of power the US has in guiding our Foreign Policies.....
or the level of Independent decision making that is taken out of our hands due to having a National Debt,Stock Market,Capitalist system,Banks/Oil Companies with too much sway over Policy...etc
I wonder how many of the NO voters would have a viable opinion if asked whether we should also remain in the EEA,the EFTA,or both.
Building some level of Trade & Industry should have/and still should be a priority here....
and then a Direct Democracy like Switzerland as a stepping stone to a better system that does away with Party Politics and instead adopts a best Man/Woman for the job based "True" Democracy.
I refuse to Vote (Perpetuate) at all in an outdated,Party Political System that allows a small crew of Skill-Less,Power Hungry Show Ponies without any knowledge applicable to their cabinet position to make decisions on my behalf. It goes against my code of ethics to vote/support something that I do not agree with.
IMO One is either part of the problem or part of the solution.
One more point regarding our NO Vote on the EU....As an Englishman I am ashamed at the number of people I meet that are Xenophobic,and it wouldn't surprise me if many of the NO Votes were just a bid to reduce Immigration.

D

Deleted member 178

What made me laugh is the "quitters" leader daring to say " we still are part of the EU, we still want participate in the EU, blablabla... come on dude ! you QUIT ! You are will be now treated as foreigners, no more benefits for you ! want go in EU, show you passport with proper visa !

It was obvious that most of the quitters were guided by their fear of the immigrant invasion.

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
I didn't vote because staying in and leaving the EU both have their bad sides. Ideally we'd stay inside the EU and have more control of our borders, considering we're the last stop for immigrants heading west and we're a small island. But the EU wouldn't allow us to control our borders so our older generation flocked to the polling booths to try and change that. They probably didn't bother to read up on what would happen, a lot of the older people here have the mentality of "I'm older, I know better". After we eventually leave in 2+ years we're either going to have to form trade deals with other countries or pay to be apart of the EU single market, at which point we'd be forced to open our borders for all the EU immigrants once more and the point for most peoples vote to leave rendered moot.

H

hjlbx

The financial fall-out won't be as bad as the Anti-Brexit mongerers state; there will be at least a two-year transition period.

The sky will not fall.

The world will not come to an end.

People won't be dying in the streets from starvation.

People won't have to pack knives and handguns in their socks.

Fear of the unknown results in fear-mongering... and like old FDR once said: "Only thing [the Brits] need to fear is fear itself."

England was a successful nation before the EU - and that is most definitely not apt to change after the EU...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
To be honest i was confused with what both sides were saying.
The remain saying one thing and the leave saying something else.
I know a lot of people and few of them work for me that didnt vote because the government has fed us so much crap in the past so why believe them now.
My opinion is recession will hit here in the UK and the cost of living will go up and the wokers wage will go down!

N

Noxx

Now Scotland is expected to hold a (another) referendum on independence. Maybe Northern Ireland will follow suit too? Both Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain in the EU, will they remain in the UK now (esp. Scotland)?

Let them. They'll fall into the ocean once they realize London won't be paying their social welfare tab.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.25_07h35m43s_001_.png

Funny as this is there is actually some truth to his tweet. Although living the monk life sounds appealing also :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view

UK wanted something to be independent on their control so of course from the first place the effects are present as worse.

But as time goes by, they can stand on their own; which same thing.

The main effects here is where immigrants may suffer complicated process to enter on EU union besides on economy issues which another different factor of cause/effect.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I'm not from UK (i'm italian) but I would like to show my personal point of view on Brexit. I'm a student (M.Sc.in Finance), so I have all the tools to understand what's happening in the political and economic scenario at the moment.
I won't be long, I could write tons of pages on the topic, but I want to join the conversation, stimulate other member's thoughts and hear as many opinions as possible.

First, the remain or leave question is perfectly legit. Each EU country has the right to leave it whenever it wants. But the remain or leave question should not have been asked to common people. There are politicians who are in charge to take these decisions, because they are the only one understanding FULLY the consequences of their choices. I'm saying this because Italian constitution does not allow people's vote about economic and international policy choices, the Parliament is in charge on these matters, and I'm on favor with this precept. Take a look at the electors percentages, analyze their cultural profile and their age. Many voters did not understand FULLY what leave or remain WERE REALLY MEANING. The 65+ voters have been crucial on the result. Often they're less informed, less open-minded, less educated compared to the 25-35 aged ones.
When I hear interviews of voters admitting "If I could vote again I would choice remain, I didn't expect all this to happen", well, I'm really angry. Because this kind of person have changed history (in a bad or in a good way, we don't know it yet) without knowing that.
Markets have lost 2$ trillions yesterday.
And at the moments, after less than 2 days, we can hear about a petition to propose a new vote about UK re-joining EU.
Politicians and "Technicians" are the ones who have to make this kind of decisions.

Second, UK has voted, the europeans ALL have to respect the leave choice, but the UK has to be the first in this. There are large problems in EU economies at the moment (Italy on first), UK has decided to go on its route, well, go on your route UK, don't slow down the leave process and don't carry EU economies down. This would mean hypocrisy, what we need now from you is coherence.

Third, last, and according to second point, I'm european and I respect the leave choice. But I think that was the wrong one. Together, european countries are certainly stronger. EU is not solid, there isn't a real political view on any relevant matter, Germany is the former ruler amongst the (now) 27 states, EU is just an "economic friendship".
Sure. But EU can be improved. If I don't like something, I try to change it. At least, this is my point of view.
The presence of UK would have been important in the improving process. I believe in Europe, things could be changed, and can change.

Markets and economies are towards volatility and instability.
I just hope it won't last as long as expected, for the good of UK and EU.

(Sorry for the long post)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.