What are those from the UK thoughts on the UK leaving the EU

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
i admit , i have the highest respect for the England football team ! their support to the English population is admirable !

they decide to Brexit the Euro2016 too !!! mwahahahahahahahahaha ROFL :D :p
:D:D...Yes,..Having "Brexited" every International Football Competition since 1966 it has become our specialty:p
God Save The Queen !
Or as the "Sex Pistols" said, "God Save the Queen,..the Fascist Regime";)
no, the Holy Grail will (if they find it ) :p
:D#Monty Python:D
As for another referendum well that will not happen
IMO You are absolutely correct,it will not.

Reactions: DardiM

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
The great british NHS is in trouble because nobody wants to pay for it.Instead brexit blames the very people working in it,from doctors to cleaners(immigrants) for all the problems ?

It was Uncle Sam that saved Britain in WW2 and WW1 and as for the great working class just look at those english soccer fans breaking up the place in France recently and they have a vote ?

Regards Eck:)

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I voted leave on interests of reducing immigration and better quality of life.
This was one of the main reasons I voted Leave, but not the only one. In general terms it was a matter of democracy. It is a central tenet of democracy that you should be able to hold your lawmakers to account. Unfortunately, in many cases this was not possible as many of our laws are passed by the unaccountable EU, which take precedence over our own laws passed by our own government

Obama came over here telling us we should vote to remain in the EU but there's no way he would accept another country imposing laws on the US which took precedence over US law, particularly laws which allowed free movement of citizens from other countries to live in the US and be entitled to benefits, free healthcare etc etc, and over which he would be totally powerless. Well, that's what it's like for the UK being a member of the EU.

There has been such a massive increase in immigration from much poorer EU countries from Eastern Europe to the UK, in particular, because of our generous welfare system, that our public services are at breaking point. For instance, I used to be able to get a doctor's appoint within one or two days. It now takes at least10 days because of the huge influx of Eastern European immigrants. And, as long as we are members of the EU, we are not allowed to control this immigration because EU law says we have to accept every EU citizen who wants to come here.

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
... but when the NHS is on the brink of collapse, has received no extra funding in 5-10yrs it cannot look after us, let alone people from other countries.
I agree,..which is why I am in favour of reducing the level of "Over-Funding" is other areas in order to make such funding available to the NHS.
May I ask @Logethica what is your profession?
I am a Tutor of Traditional Upholstery,as I wanted a career that allowed me to use my mind as well as my hands.
I completed a 7 Year Traditional/Modern Upholstery apprenticeship,and a Teaching Qualification,and then briefly became a College Tutor of both City & Guilds & Adult-Ed Upholstery Courses before becoming Self Employed as an Independent Upholstery Tutor.
Do the math, when you add more and more to the same area, it becomes swamped and fails, yes new homes are great, but look at each service from schools, police, fire, hospitals, social services and tons more what each new person does to that service???????????????
Yes,that is Correct.....which is why I still do not understand why rather than taking money from the over-funded sectors to solve the problem ,you would prefer to deny some people access to services.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What a dumb move.

The great unwashed have spoken and the result should be of no surprise considering the the amount of brexit drivel spewed by their dumb tabloid press...

Dropping out of the EU can only be a backward step...

Any immigrant wanting to move to GB will only have to go to the Republic of Ireland anyway and then stroll across the border to Northern Ireland and hey presto they`re in Britain....

Dumb Cameron should have done a u-turn which every politician is well practiced in, now they`ve got dumb Boris waiting in the wings etc. Though Boris would make a good sidekick to a certain Donald should he get elected...

They should change the name to DB(dumb britain) instead of GB.

I agree.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
The great british NHS is in trouble because nobody wants to pay for it.Instead brexit blames the very people working in it,from doctors to cleaners(immigrants) for all the problems ?

It was Uncle Sam that saved Britain in WW2 and WW1 and as for the great working class just look at those english soccer fans breaking up the place in France recently and they have a vote ?

You do come out with some rubbish mister.
1917 was when america entered ww1 in the battle of cantigny.....erm what took you..the war was nearly over by the time your lot got there.
You only entered ww2 because a few ships got sunk at pearl harbour...hmm so uncle sam never came in with the best of intentions but purely out of revenge.
Excuse me but not all working class people go to football matches.Your so misinformed which of course is typical yank...who else elects lousy actors as a president.(reagan) or a president which cannot keep his penis in his britches.(clinton.) and then to top it off you have trump running for president lol.:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
You do come out with some rubbish mister.
1917 was when america entered ww1 in the battle of cantigny.....erm what took you..the war was nearly over by the time your lot got there.
You only entered ww2 because a few ships got sunk at pearl harbour...hmm so uncle sam never came in with the best of intentions but purely out of revenge.
Excuse me but not all working class people go to football matches.Your so misinformed which of course is typical yank...who else elects lousy actors as a president.(reagan) or a president which cannot keep his penis in his britches.(clinton.) and then to top it off you have trump running for president lol.:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Oh, that was your middle class intellectuals then ? In that case what a loss to the EU.

Only for the russians you`d be speaking german right now and don`t forget all those supply ships that you still owe for.

Anyway at least none of our presidents looked like a over-sized cigar smoking baby.Boris in a sumo outfit would look something similar.

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Oh, that was your middle class intellectuals then ? In that case what a loss to the EU.

Only for the russians you`d be speaking german right now and don`t forget all those supply ships that you still owe for.

Anyway at least non of our presidents looked like a over-sized cigar smoking baby.Boris in a sumo outfit would look something similar.

Both the UK and the US have a very high percentage of Idiots;)
But in both cases those Idiots are not representative of our "entire" populations.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Both the UK and the US have a very high percentage of Idiots;)
But in both cases those Idiots are not representative of our "entire" populations.

Very true but it only gets dangerous when they vote. The paradox of democracy.

Peace and love to all.

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
Yes,that is Correct.....which is why I still do not understand why rather than taking money from the over-funded sectors to solve the problem ,you would prefer to deny some people access to services.

Let's say the UK voted to stay and take your approach to the NHS funding, it could work for a few years. What happens if we take the money from all the over-funded sectors and because we're still in the EU we're now looking at 500K+ migrants per year, let's say 10 years down the line at that rate. We can't just keep pulling money out of thin air to pay for any European that wants to come here to grab some free healthcare.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Very true but it only gets dangerous when they vote. The paradox of democracy.
I absolutely 100% agree...and consider your answer to be highly profound,highly accurate, and the reason why I will not perpetuate Democracy when it is a flawed system that should be replaced by a superior one.
Imagine a scenario where the power of a vote cast by the highly intelligent and highly ethical was worth more than the votes of the idiotic and the immoral;):)

Reactions: Behold Eck

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I want to know what is your opinion about article below (from the guardian):
The leave campaign made three key promises – are they keeping them?
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/eu-referendum-reality-check-leave-campaign-promises
Boris Johnson and Michael Gove repeatedly appeared on platforms with it as their main backdrop. Indeed, it was famously painted on the side of their battlebus that toured Britain.

It was first made by the Labour MP and co-chair of Vote Leave, Gisela Stuart, at the beginning of the campaign: “Every week we send £350m to Brussels. I’d rather that we control how to spend that money, and if I had that control I would spend it on the NHS,” she said on 15 April.

Analysis Why Vote Leave's £350m weekly EU cost claim is wrong
The leave campaign continues to defend the controversial figure in the face of facts that prove it to be a lie
Read more

The £350m figure was immediately the subject of dispute. It was pointed out that it was the gross figure for the UK contribution. The £74m a week UK rebate negotiated by Margaret Thatcher is never sent to Brussels, which brings the figure down to £276m a week.

That £276m figure includes £115m spent on things such as support for farmers, aid payments to British regions and research by UK universities and companies. If those payments continue – and there have been immediate demands from, for example, Cornwall, that they must – then at the very most it would leave £161m to be diverted to the NHS.

Two weeks before the vote, Andrew Dilnot, the chair of the UK Statistics Authority, criticised it in the strongest terms: “As we have made clear, the UK’s contribution to the EU is paid after the application of the rebate. We have also pointed out that there are payments received by the UK public and private sectors that are relevant here. The continued use of a gross figure in contexts that imply it is a net figure is misleading and undermines trust in official statistics,” he said.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/eu-referendum-reality-check-leave-campaign-promises
The battlebus was repainted. On Friday, Nigel Farage was the first to disown the pledge. “No I can’t [guarantee it], and I would never have made that claim. That was one of the mistakes that I think the leave campaign made,” the Ukip leader said.

When it was pointed out that Vote Leave emblazoned the £350m claim on to the side of a bus and drove it around the country, Farage said: “It wasn’t one of my adverts, I can assure you. I think they made a mistake in doing that.” Farage was part of the rival Leave.eu campaign.

On Sunday, Iain Duncan Smith, who was part of Vote Leave, also claimed he had never said the NHS would get £350m a week – despite being repeatedly photographed in front of the bus.

Verdict: Promise dropped

2. ‘A vote for leave will be a vote to cut immigration’

The stories you need to read, in one handy email
Read more

When the near-record net migration figure of 333,000 was published on 26 May, Johnson said he was pro-immigration but the figure showed there was “no public consent for the scale of immigration we are seeing” and the situation was “completely out of control”.

He added: “I think that they [the figures] show the scandal of the promise made by politicians repeatedly that they could cut immigration to the tens of thousands and then to throw their hands up in the air and say there’s nothing we can do because Brussels has taken away our control of immigration.”

Interestingly, on 3 March last year Farage announced that Ukip was dropping its policy of limiting immigration for work to 50,000 a year. Instead, he wanted to see it returned to “normal levels” that were seen in the period from 1950 to the 1990s, when more people left Britain than came here each year.

Coupled with Ukip’s “breaking point” poster featuring a column of Syrian refugees, it was not surprising that many voters believed the leave campaign was promising deep cuts in immigration. Ipsos Mori found that immigration rather than the economy was the main concern of voters in the last two weeks of the campaign.

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 0:59
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
Mute

Tory MEP Daniel Hannan tells BBC Newsnight that free movement of labour might not end
It was therefore something of a surprise when leading Tory Eurosceptic MEP Daniel Hannan told BBC Newsnight that the leave campaign had never promised to cut immigration numbers and that the “free movement of workers to and from the UK should continue to ensure Britain remained within the single market”.

But it is quite true that the leave campaign and Ukip never committed to any new target to replace David Cameron’s failed pledge to reduce net migration to the “tens of thousands”. The key joint statement on immigration signed by Johnson, Gove, Stuart and Priti Patel was careful to stress that they wanted to bring immigration under control. Instead they promised to introduce by the next general election Ukip’s policy of an Australian-style points based-system, saying the automatic right of EU citizens to come and work in Britain would come to an end.

Duncan Smith denied on The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday the charge that leave was guilty of misleading the electorate on immigration. He said they had been elected on the Conservative general election pledge to cut numbers to the “tens of thousands” and that still applied.

But Johnson appeared to downplay that on Monday, writing in the Telegraph: “It is said that those who voted leave were mainly driven by anxieties about immigration. I do not believe that is so.” This allowed him to argue for Britons still to be able to work in the EU and for access to the single market. The foreign secretary, Philip Hammond, said on Sunday it was not possible to “negotiate control of migration from the EU and at the same time [have] full access to the single market. There has to be a trade-off,” adding that the leave campaign had made “contradictory” and “mutually incompatible” promises to the British people.

Verdict: It’s complicated. Leave and Ukip left a clear impression they would cut immigration, but their policy statements were careful only to promise to bring it under control. Duncan Smith’s claim to still support the net migration target of below 100,000 is not operable in leave’s terms while Britain remains in the EU.

3. ‘Five million more migrants could enter Britain by 2030 if Turkey and four other applicant countries join the EU’
The claim that Turkey, with its population of 78 million, was close to joining the EU formed the main plank of Gove’s successful Brexit fightback when the leave campaign was drowning in a sea of remain economic warnings. He said that the EU had responded to the migration crisis with a “free-for-all” invitation to Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania and Turkey to join.

David Cameron tells Robert Peston the leave campaign had made misleading claims regarding Turkey’s EU membership. Photograph: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock
The leave campaign backed this up with a leaked Foreign Office memo about a small diplomatic unit said to be helping Turkey’s application. Cameron responded by arguing that on the current rate of progress Turkey was unlikely to join until the year 3000. He said agreement had only been reached on one out of the 35 chapters.

Leave did not withdraw the claim and even highlighted it on its final campaign leaflet, which implied that it would open the door to Syrian and Iraqi migration as well.

On Wednesday, the argument went full circle when the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, suggested he may hold a referendum to see whether Turkey should continue with its EU application: “We can stand up and ask the people just like the British are doing,” he said.

Verdict: Turkey was first promised EU membership in 1963 and is a candidate to join the EU, but this is unlikely to happen any time soon.

Finally, with the leavers backing away from some of their campaign promises and statements, can the EU referendum result legally be declared invalid?

No. While legal action can follow in the case of a commercial contract or the public floatation of a company if false statements are made in, there is no advertising code that requires political statements to be “legal, decent, honest and truthful”.

This is now Project Betrayal – and we are all victims

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I usually stay away from political debates because I usually end up losing my rag on some touchy subject, and THIS one is a touchy subject for me!
I voted out myself, for reasons already outlined in previous posts - mainly uncontrolled immigration and the complex bureaucratic maze of regulations, laws and statutes that the EU itself imposed.
We joined the then EEC because we were in a state, in debt, still recovering from the War, etc. Now 4 decades have passed and things are different. But as those decades have passed, the European community grew from just 9 countries to the 28, sorry, 27 countries at this time.
As the EU Governing body became more centralised and grew in power, it imposed many regulations upon it's member states, some of which destroyed businesses and livelihoods. The red tape increased, the bureaucracy increased. We've always had a rocky relationship with Europe over the centuries, from wars to trade disputes, etc.
But ultimately we've always been "cut off" from the continent as an Island nation and we're more like the Americans or Australians rather than the Continentals, which goes a long way in explaining why we are the way we are as a nation.
I for one will be watching to see what unfolds over the coming weeks and months, but the dust will settle eventually, and it MAY just be the best thing we've done in a long time - in control over our own destiny, without foreign influences meddling in affairs that are foreign to them.
Brief explanation of our history with Europe

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I vote Boris Johnson, as mayor he helped a lot of poor people by reducing council tax to the lowest levels ever. Theresa May is another option or Michael Gove. Amazing Jeremy Corbyn still stays to save face, pathetic idiot. His MP's must mean very little, history has taught us that lesson, 99.9% leave after a vote of no confidence, he's one BIG exception.

I did enjoy Nigel Farage's speech to the EU, just shows what nasty idiots the MEP's are, as he stated he was concerned when the vote came in, but after the comments and jeers he then knew it was the right thing to do - but then he told us that 17yrs ago. The EU imposes laws on to every country, yet Spain follows hardly any, that's the problem! Angela Merkel asked the EU to take as many refugees as possible, now she regrets it, so does Greece and Italy as they do not have the money or resources to cope.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
One thing I don't like is it seems a number of Conservatives who campaigned for Leave, such as Boris Johnson, Chris Grayling and Daniel Hannan, appear to be changing their tune and now seem to be suggesting uncontrolled immigration is a price worth paying for retaining access to the single market,ie, pretty much the situation we have now. Very worrying.

And I certainly wouldn't want turncoat Teresa May to be PM. Eurosceptic by nature, she changed her mind to support Remain when it seemed they were sure to win, then went AWOL during the referendum campaign so as not to align herself too closely to the Remain camp in case they lost. In other words, a devious politician who tried to hedge her bets. At least Boris had the guts to support one side.

Regardless of what people think of him, pretty much the only person who has been consistent in wanting to control immigration is Farage.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Contributions to the EU budget
The campaign claim: We send £350m a week to Brussels, which could be spent on the NHS instead.

The current claim: The claim was a mistake, and we will not be able to spend that much extra on the NHS.

Reality Check verdict: Some of those who campaigned for Leave are now distancing themselves from this claim. Some have gone as far as admitting that it had been a mistake.

source:
Operation Backtrack begins over THAT £350million NHS claim
BBC
Brexit: Vote Leave wipes NHS £350m claim and rest of its website after EU referendum

Immigration

The campaign claim: Immigration levels could be controlled if the UK left the EU. This would relieve pressure on public services.

The current claim: Immigration levels can't be radically reduced by leaving the EU. Fears about immigration did not influence the way people voted.

Reality Check verdict: During the campaign, some Leave campaigners sent a clear message that the referendum was about controlling immigration. Some are now being more nuanced, saying the UK's decision to leave the EU would not guarantee a significant decrease in immigration levels.

source:
Reality Check: Have Leave campaigners changed their tune?
The leave campaign made three key promises – are they keeping them?

and from @uninfected1 said before

D

Deleted member 178

One thing I don't like is it seems a number of Conservatives who campaigned for Leave, such as Boris Johnson, Chris Grayling and Daniel Hannan, appear to be changing their tune and now seem to be suggesting uncontrolled immigration is a price worth paying for retaining access to the single market,ie, pretty much the situation we have now. Very worrying.

This is politic , you make fancy promises to win , knowing you will never be able to grant them, and hope naive people will believe and vote for you. Look at Donald Trump...lot of uber-fancy promises without any serious plans how to do them.

Reactions: Andytay70

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Recession, low economy are just part of common problems that usually arise but it can recover immediately.

Now the case of people, where many vote 'leave' because of immigrants concern issue however mostly just join the craze. ;)

It is ridiculous to say where some people did not know what European Union is for.

D

Deleted member 178

Boris Johnson refused the seat of PM... :rolleyes: seems he refused to take responsibility and let the future incoming storms wreak upon someone else...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.