What are those from the UK thoughts on the UK leaving the EU

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I voted to leave, it's about time we took back control from the EU bureaucrat's and immigration control is now too much, we cannot keep taking and taking when the country does not have the money to support itself - especially the NHS which is swamped with people coming from the EU with cancer, TB etc., and they've been here for 2-3 weeks.

(No sarcasm intended)
Do you consider acceptables all the effect and consequences of the leave choice?
Because all I see it's a general rising in nationalism and xenophobia, substantial losses in world and local GDP, and a huge decrease in occupation.

UK's industrial sector is the only one that can actually take advantage from "leave", thanks to exports. Anyway trades are going to be in troubles and won't be as important as they were because of the need of new commercial agreements between UK and all other EU countries.
Plus, the financial sector is going to be massacred, London market will lose a lot of its power, many financial companies are moving away their personnel.

Honestly I think that UK could have "taken back its control" in other different ways that certainly could have implied a better scenario for other countries but especially for itself.

Reactions: DardiM

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
(No sarcasm intended)
Do you consider acceptables all the effect and consequences of the leave choice?
Because all I see it's a general rising in nationalism and xenophobia, substantial losses in world and local GDP, and a huge decrease in occupation.

UK's industrial sector is the only one that can actually take advantage from "leave", thanks to exports. Anyway trades are going to be in troubles and won't be as important as they were because of the need of new commercial agreements between UK and all other EU countries.
Plus, the financial sector is going to be massacred, London market will lose a lot of its power, many financial companies are moving away their personnel.

Honestly I think that UK could have "taken back its control" in other different ways that certainly could have implied a better scenario for other countries but especially for itself.

The only way we could've lessened the immigration problem would be to make the NHS only available to UK Citizens, make it harder for EU migrants/migrants in general to work and not allow any migrants to claim benefits. They come here because once they arrive it all becomes too easy for them all because of our rules. It was either make all those changes or leave the EU so we could have stricter border control as the EU wouldn't allow us to.

There were many bad points to both leave and remain, only time will tell which was the lesser evil.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No I don't agree. The EU dictate how many we need to take each year. Germany, France and Finland all want to leave the EU, that's why they want the PM to invoke article 50 asap. The country cannot trade with China, the USA (pathetic Obama with his crap "last in the queue.") At the hospital I work; we had a guy from Poland who was in the UK for two weeks (the EU states we MUST treat them for free, we cannot change this and Donald Tusk would not agree) he had lung cancer which required three operations, radiotherapy and chemotherapy he was in hospital for four month, plus three weeks in intensive care, that's £500-£1000 daily. He is just one of many, if it does not stop many senior doctors (including myself) state the NHS will not exist in 15-20yrs people will have to pay. It's underfunded, won't pay for the latest drugs and much more behind the scenes - I wish people knew how the NHS is failing big-time!

When Cameron went to the EU with this pathetic deal he had to prove that our services where swamped.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
..... if it does not stop many senior doctors (including myself) state the NHS will not exist in 15-20yrs people will have to pay. It's underfunded, won't pay for the latest drugs and much more behind the scenes - I wish people knew how the NHS is failing big-time!
I do take the point that you are making,but....
  • It doesn't help the issue when some of those that work in the NHS are paid over 5x the national average wage...but that's ok because those with other careers neither work as hard,or have years of training.
  • It doesn't help that Pharmaceutical companies pay some of their staff over 5x the national average wage too,as well as dividends to shareholders.
  • It doesn't help that Billions of pounds a year is spent fighting non-existent Wars overseas rather than being put towards the healthcare of its citizens.
Is the Problem:
A) There is not enough money to provide Health Care for all Human Beings.
or
B) There is enough money to provide Health Care for all Human Beings,but that money is diverted elsewhere.

If you think that the answer is B then shouldn't the first step to solving the problem be an answer that IS NOT:
"Deny Health Care to SOME Human Beings"

Reactions: vrb93 and Solarlynx

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I'm not UK citizen but in my personal opinion: China will be take benefit from this brexit. Yea, China will rule the world.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Firstly budgets are specific, defense budgets are spent on defense end-of, if the hospital does not spend the amount given by the PCT on upgrades, new services etc., it's taken away at the beginning of the new financial year, they don't get to keep it. Wars are down to the Government, not us, but Syria and ISIS need to be dealt with.

Indeed there was enough money for the NHS, but it cannot cope with EU immigrants, they pay nothing in to the country, yet cost the tax payers millions and that's not fare to us, why should people be denied new cancer drugs that cost a lot of money because the NHS cannot fund them. We now have TB in the country, it was eradicated but the Polish have brought it back. A country is NOT a country when they are unable to control their boarders. In Poland their PM has told us we would not get any benefits, but the UK should give Polish people in the UK benefits, makes no sense.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
RE: wages yes I have worked hard, 10yrs at Medical school, plus my BSc and MSc, are you saying that those people should be paid the working wage of £7.20 when I work 12-14hrs daily, plus on-call and deal with more complex things than working in a shop. That's life, lawyers, doctors, scientists pave the way forward to save lives etc., So that argument everyone should get a stupid wage to save money so we can lets millions of people in to the country, China, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand upon arrival if you do not have the correct VISA or paperwork they send you home, we keep them. If you arrive in the UK (my mates an Inspector in the Met Police) the police cannot arrest them, they ring immigration, are told to give them an £80 rail pass and to make their way to the nearest immigration centre (normally Croydon) how on earth is that possible when they've never been here????

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I am from the uk and i voted leave.
What i find puzzling is all this loose doomsday talk about leaving and its implications for the uk.
Have we all forgotten that we lived a perfectly fine life post-war.
Swinging sixties right up to the present day and did we ever fold or sink during this time.?

I was born in 1972 and my childhood and teenage years were perfectly fine.I think the uk will be fine and it was good prior to this eu nonsense.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Firstly budgets are specific, defense budgets are spent on defense end-of,
"end-of", so you are of the view that specific budgets are neither to be questioned,or contextualised with competing budget demands that may be UNDER-funded,as opposed to OVER-funded?
.. if the hospital does not spend the amount given by the PCT on upgrades, new services etc., it's taken away at the beginning of the new financial year, they don't get to keep it.
Yes,...as is the case with allocations to Council services (among other things)....Have you noticed how many pointless,expensive "Road Improvements" are performed in a mad rush as the end of the current term approaches,and for no other reason than to spend the money for fear that they receive a smaller allocation next time??...Do you consider this system Logical,because I do not?
and if you do agree with my view regarding this then why is this not contextualised when you are calculating which policies you are in agreement with,which budgets need to be increased/decreased,and which systems are worthy of protesting for the changing of?
Wars are down to the Government, not us
You could say the same in general about International Trade Agreements/Economic Unions/Immigration Policy,yet you have very recently had an input that will directly affect those issues....
You are allowed to stand up and be counted at times OTHER than "Voting Day" you realise.
Indeed there was enough money for the NHS, but it cannot cope with EU immigrants, they pay nothing in to the country, yet cost the tax payers millions
You realise that many Physically,or Mentally disabled people do not contribute tax either yet cost the Country money?... perhaps they should be kept out too.
why should people be denied new cancer drugs that cost a lot of money because the NHS cannot fund them
By "People" I am guessing that you mean "British People" because you have previously complained about Non-British People receiving Cancer treatment.
In Poland their PM has told us we would not get any benefits, but the UK should give Polish people in the UK benefits, makes no sense.
A Code of ethics regarding the treatment of other people that is dependent on other peoples Code of ethics regarding their treatment of you is NOT a Code of ethics at all....I am guessing that you are not a Doctor of Psychology.
RE: wages yes I have worked hard, 10yrs at Medical school, plus my BSc and MSc, are you saying that those people should be paid the working wage of £7.20 when I work 12-14hrs daily, plus on-call and deal with more complex things than working in a shop
What attracted you to your profession,Tony?....Was it the desire to want to help people or was there a different motive?
Were you not aware of the hours and responsibility that came with such a career prior to selecting it?
lawyers, doctors, scientists pave the way forward to save lives etc
Whereas Voluntary unpaid Carers (Of which the Health Service in general is entirely dependent on the existence of) do not.
So that argument everyone should get a stupid wage to save money so we can lets millions of people in to the country, China, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand upon arrival if you do not have the correct VISA or paperwork they send you home, we keep them
A Code of ethics regarding the treatment of other people that is dependent on other peoples Code of ethics regarding their treatment of you is NOT a Code of ethics at all. (Is this Deja vu?)
If you arrive in the UK (my mates an Inspector in the Met Police) the police cannot arrest them, they ring immigration, are told to give them an £80 rail pass and to make their way to the nearest immigration centre (normally Croydon) how on earth is that possible when they've never been here????
If the Police were to arrest them the ramification would be to then charge them with a crime...Would that then not overstretch the Justice System in the same way that you are saying that the Health System is overstretched?
Immigrants are not to blame for the lack of any Logical system to greet them on their arrival.
Throughout your posts you have touched on the existence of numerous flawed systems/policies.
Leaving the EU will not be the "Magic Wand" that those who voted to do so believe that it will be...and when the smoke clears those people will realise that those very same flawed systems/policies that were the real cause of the problems will remain.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I am from the uk and i voted leave.
I am assuming that having voted to leave you had a back up/alternative plan already worked out.
Are you in favour of rejoining the EFTA that we left to join the EC in the early 70s?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i admit , i have the highest respect for the England football team ! their support to the English population is admirable !

they decide to Brexit the Euro2016 too !!! mwahahahahahahahahaha ROFL :D :p

Reactions: frogboy and DardiM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to our local newspaper, almost 2.5 Million signed a petition to conduct another election for that BreXit case,

Honestly EU created for the unity of European countries to avoid conflicts like war BUT it seems UK wanted something to retain like Pounds instead Euro for the economy stability.

All I know that the effect will took little time to recover and UK will still be the same as usual.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
According to our local newspaper, almost 2.5 Million signed a petition to conduct another election for that BreXit case,

Honestly EU created for the unity of European countries to avoid conflicts like war BUT it seems UK wanted something to retain like Pounds instead Euro for the economy stability.

All I know that the effect will took little time to recover and UK will still be the same as usual.
Something had to change in the uk.The social dislocation was becoming too much of an issue.As for another referendum well that will not happen.You see this is the result of a democratic vote and we will get through like we did before.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I choose to become a doctor (not Psychologist) in Neurology to help people, but when the NHS is on the brink of collapse, has received no extra funding in 5-10yrs it cannot look after us, let alone people from other countries. What is compelling is the amount we give to others, yet we travel to Poland, Russia and get nothing. The EU is one big fail and others will follow, Norway, Finland, Germany and France all want out.

May I ask @Logethica what is your profession? If a job need doing then it should not be filled with voluntary jobs/people it should be paid.

What really annoys me, if the Government said in 2-3yrs (cancer services and A&E are already at breaking point, amazingly cancer doesn't wait so the two week rule was started under Tony Blair, some now wait 2-3 months for tests) was going to be privatized and you would be required to hundreds a week, as the services are swamped the whole country would moan and force the current Government out. Do the math, when you add more and more to the same area, it becomes swamped and fails, yes new homes are great, but look at each service from schools, police, fire, hospitals, social services and tons more what each new person does to that service???????????????

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
What a dumb move.

The great unwashed have spoken and the result should be of no surprise considering the the amount of brexit drivel spewed by their dumb tabloid press.

Dropping out of the EU can only be a backward step considering the amount of financial support that will be lost.

Any immigrant wanting to move to GB will only have to go to the Republic of Ireland anyway and then stroll across the border to Northern Ireland and hey presto they`re in Britain.

Dumb Cameron should have done a u-turn which every politician is well practiced in, now they`ve got dumb Boris waiting in the wings etc. Though Boris would make a good sidekick to a certain Donald should he get elected.

Glad England was put out of the Euro Championships by Iceland.The first bit of karma maybe ?

They should change the name to DB(dumb britain) instead of GB.

Regards Eck:)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
What a dumb move.

The great unwashed have spoken and the result should be of no surprise considering the the amount of brexit drivel spewed by their dumb tabloid press.

Dropping out of the EU can only be a backward step considering the amount of financial support that will be lost.

Any immigrant wanting to move to GB will only have to go to the Republic of Ireland anyway and then stroll across the border to Northern Ireland and hey presto they`re in Britain.

Dumb Cameron should have done a u-turn which every politician is well practiced in, now they`ve got dumb Boris waiting in the wings etc. Though Boris would make a good sidekick to a certain Donald should he get elected.

Glad England was put out of the Euro Championships by Iceland.The first bit of karma maybe ?

They should change the name to DB(dumb britain) instead of GB.

Regards Eck:)

What a load of utter garbage.
I sense you are not from the uk and are probably from trumpland usa.
The people here wanted their independence from a bureaucratic european utopia in the making.Ask the common person on the uk streets if they had any benefit from eu membership.The problem is,everyone is looking at this from a business and commercial perspective.Its the working class people who got the majority of leave votes.
And as for your comment in regard to immigration,well that is just nonsense because immigration into the uk was not an issue,it is the fact it was uncontrolled and uncapped which was creating issues here.Plus benefit money being sent to relatives of immigrants living here amongst other things were problems.
Every single sphere of britains social services were being put under an awful lot of strain too.Unless you actually have lived here tthen you would understand the atmosphere.
Out is very much good for the uk,How on gods earth do you think we survived post ww2.?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.