Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

I traveled to the cold corners of Lapland (Sweden and Norway) on a ten-day aurora chasing adventure to shoot them but mostly to share their rare beauty in real-time. My goal was to show their different appearances in pristine skies and snow covered landscapes. In the mean time I was eager to bring back my best real-time shots yet and give them back to the people that have never witnessed such a show and encourage them to go out or travel. For me though it was merely one more astrophotography and personal life challenge I had to take on. I had never shot in such cold conditions, namely minus 35 degrees at the worst, but it helped me get some of the clearest night shots I have ever witnessed.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Timelapse of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft launched on 16 November 2018 at 18:14 GMT from Baikonur cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, taken by ESA astronaut Alexander Gerst from the International Space Station. The spacecraft was launched atop a Soyuz rocket with 2564 kg of cargo and supplies. Flying at 28 800 km/h, 400 km high, the International Space Station requires regular supplies from Earth such as this Progress launch. Spacecraft are launched after the Space Station flies overhead so they catch up with the orbital outpost to dock, in this case two days later on 18 November 2018. The images were taken from the European-built Cupola module with a camera set to take pictures at regular intervals. The pictures are then played quickly after each other at 8 to 16 times normal speed. The video shows around 15 minutes of the launch at normal speed. The Progress spacecraft delivered food, fuel and supplies, including about 750 kg of propellant, 75 kg of oxygen and air and 440 l of water.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.