What are you Browsing Now?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The continuation of post #1,141 from Jan 28, 2020: What are you Browsing Now? (first post on page 58):

Something in deep space sending signals to Earth in steady cycles
By Christian Fernsby ▼ | February 8, 2020

The mystery signal from space, known as FRB 180916.J0158+65, repeats in steady cycles.

FRB 180916.J0158+65.jpg

FRB 180916.J0158+65.jpg

A new study by an international team of scientists led by astronomers at the Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment Fast Radio Burst Project (CHIME/FRB) in British Columbia has discovered that a mystery radio source in a galaxy some 500 million lightyears from our solar system is sending out fast radio bursts like clockwork in 16.35 day cycles, including 1-2 bursts per hour over a four day period and then 12 days of silence before starting up again.
The discovery is important, because out of the 150+ fast radio bursts recorded by Earth-based observatories over the last decade and a half, only ten of them have repeated, and none as steadily as the source discussed in the study.
Furthermore, only a handful of them have been tracked back to the galaxy they came from.

The mystery signal, known as FRB 180916.J0158+65 was first discovered in 2017, but has continued repeating steadily, albeit at a rate some 600 times fainter than the first bright flare.
In their study, scientists analysed 28 bursts which took place between September 2018 and October 2019, confirming the pattern, and excitedly concluding “that this is the first detected periodicity of any kind in an FRB source.”
The new FRB was tracked down to SDSS J015800.28+264253.0, a star forming galaxy about 500 million light years from Earth.

“The discovery of a 16.35-day periodicity in a repeating FRB source is an important clue to the nature of this object,” scientists suggested, providing several possible explanations for what may be causing the phenomenon.
“One possibility is that it is an object orbiting a sun which sends signals out only at a certain interval in its orbit.
“Alternatively, it could be a signal sent by a binary star system made up of a massive star and super-dense highly magnetized neutron star.
“Or it could be a stand-alone object caused by rotation or wobbling, such as a highly magnetic neutron star."

-----------------------------------------------------

Cornell University (Team of Scientists) Study:
Periodic activity from a fast radio burst source
(Submitted on 28 Jan 2020 (v1), last revised 3 Feb 2020 (this version, v3))

Fast radio bursts (FRBs) are bright, millisecond-duration radio transients originating from extragalactic distances. Their origin is unknown. Some FRB sources emit repeat bursts, ruling out cataclysmic origins for those events. Despite searches for periodicity in repeat burst arrival times on time scales from milliseconds to many days, these bursts have hitherto been observed to appear sporadically, and though clustered, without a regular pattern. Here we report the detection of a 16.35 + - 0.18 day periodicity from a repeating FRB 180916.J0158+65 detected by the Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment Fast Radio Burst Project (CHIME/FRB). In 28 bursts recorded from 16th September 2018 through 30th October 2019, we find that bursts arrive in a 4.0-day phase window, with some cycles showing no bursts, and some showing multiple bursts, within CHIME's limited daily exposure. Our results suggest a mechanism for periodic modulation either of the burst emission itself, or through external amplification or absorption, and disfavour models invoking purely sporadic processes.
- Here on arxiv.org: [2001.10275] Periodic activity from a fast radio burst source

--------------------------------------------------------------

Origin of Deep-Space Radio Flash Discovered, and It's Unlike Anything Astronomers Have Ever Seen

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"The quantum rubbish, the philosophy of trash that contaminated science" ...

Quantum experiment shows objective reality does not exist ... hahaha!:ROFLMAO:...
Scientists have long suspected that quantum mechanics enables two observers to experience different and conflicting realities-- until an experiment was conducted, with the results suggesting that objective reality does not exist.
In a study published recently in the Science Advances journal, it was shown that in the micro-world of atoms and particles that are ruled by the strange rules of quantum mechanics, two different observers are entitled to their own facts.
Therefore, reality could be twisted by observation.
To put it in simpler terms, facts can be actually subjective.
Read more (if you wish): Quantum experiment shows objective reality does not exist

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Medical Experts in Shanghai Confirm: VIRUS TRANSMITTED BY AIR - "Hundreds of Meters"
Medical Experts in Shanghai Confirm: VIRUS TRANSMITTED BY AIR - Hundreds of Meters

Deadly coronavirus is transmissible via AIR and an infected person "hundreds of meters" away can INFECT YOU!
Such are the findings of medical experts in Shanghai, China, who are battling the often-deadly disease.
Medical experts in Shanghai now confirm the coronavirus’s main transmission route is through aerosol transmission and contacts. Direct transmission of the virus means that when a infected patient sneezes, coughs or exhales droplets while talking, someone who directly inhales the air that the infected patient exhales would be infected.
Aerosol transmission happens when the droplets exhaled by the infected patient mixes with the air and become aerosol and when someone inhales that, they become infected. "The transmission range can be HUNDREDS OF METERS or even longer, which increases the risk of contactless transmission."

Transmission through contact means when droplets from infected patients stay on the surface of something, and when someone touches the contaminated surface and touches their mouth, nose, or eyes, they become infected.
Filter Masks such as National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) N-95 (HERE) and N-100 (HERE) or P-100 (HERE), can filter out those droplets to protect a person from inhaling them.
Coronavirus can also spread via EYES. If a person walks through the air where an infected person has sneezed or coughed, the tiny virus particles can linger in the air and get onto your eye as you walk. You can't even feel it.
The virus can then get blinked into your tear duct and infect you. So person seeking protection should also wear splash-proof eye protection (HERE) such as swimmer goggles.
These masks and goggles are selling-out fast, worldwide. If you do not have any for yourself or family, you should take action NOW before they're gone.

-----------------------------------------------------
Billie Eilish.jpeg
...and wash your hands, please...Billie Eilish...I'm scared

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes (Official Music Video)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Reddit:
Novel coronavirus - news, updates & analysis
r/cvnews

Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought

"At this point I don't even care anymore - the news are too stressful and depressing to follow. If I get it, I'll fight it, if I die, then so be it. Whatever, I'm too tired - I'll save up my energy to fight the virus as it seems to be inevitable. "

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hello everybody, my NEW topic is NOT approved, pity... so post it here:

Intermittent Fasting, Fruit and Vegetable Diet Cure Heals the Body, Stops Diseases
:)

The Health Benefits of Fasting and Autophagy: Why I Fast for 24 Hours Once Every Week and Intermittent Fast Daily
by maalamalama
Wed, 02/12/2020

As a corollary to my last article, titled, “Discovering if Our Food is Toxic”, I have written another article about the health benefits of fasting and autophagy and my practice of fasting once every week for 24-hours and intermittent fasting daily for 17-hours. Some people that know I am about to launch a 20 course academy that focuses on wealth building often inquire about why I post videos on my IG: skwealthacademy account or pen articles about health on my blog, and the answer is simple. Regarding the posts about physical health on my IG account, since I’m working 12 hour to 16 hour days every day in preparation for the launch of my academy, I almost never feel like working out at the end of a very long day. Still, I force myself to do so as I realize the importance of physical health. Thus, these posts are meant to emphasize the importance of discipline, persistence, and grinding through activities that you don’t feel like doing in order to achieve one’s goals. With my academy, I intend to change how people think about wealth to include not only material wealth, but a much more holistic spectrum of wealth that incorporates physical health, integrity, and mental health. During my previous stint with a Wall Street firm, I encountered plenty of people with more material wealth than anyone could ever desire, but yet were devoid, or “poor” in mental health, physical health and integrity, with the consequent result a perpetual state of anxiety and overall unhappiness that would exclude them from a “wealthy” label in my book.

When I developed painful kidney stones, after never having been sick with anything but a common cold for the past ten years, because I suspected consumption of unclean food that I had judged to be clean to be the culprit (i.e. fresh vegetables purchased from a local market). Consequently, I decided to begin intermittent fasting for 17-hours every day as well as to engage in a full-day fast of 24-hours once a week. The significant benefits of fasting and autophagy have been well known for centuries, even if the scientific mechanisms of fasting had not yet been well understood. Famous American muckraker Upton Sinclair wrote a book at the turn of the 20th century called The Fasting Cure about his observations of various people with critical ailments that were cured through strict fasting regimens. Though this book contained carefully documented accounts of many people who were cured by undertaking a regimen of fasting, these accounts were strictly anecdotal and non-scientific, as the science behind the benefits of fasting, at the molecular level, were not understood at the time.

Since Upton Sinclair published The Fasting Cure in the early 1900s, the scientific understanding of the benefits of fasting and autophagy has made tremendous strides. In 2016, Japanese scientist Yoshinori Ohsumi won the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine for his groundbreaking research of autophagy, the study of the degradation and recycling of cellular components. During periods of cellular starvation known as autophagy, cells break down proteins and nonessential cellular components and recycle them for energy sources while simultaneously destroying invasive bacteria, viruses, and damaged cellular components. We all instinctively know not to eat when we are severely sick, and our self-inflicted short periods of starvation actually induce a period of autophagy in which our bodies expel bacteria and/or viruses at the cellular level and engage in functions of cellular repair that helps us to eventually recover from our ailments.

During one particularly bad flu I suffered more than a decade ago, I recall not eating for three to four days. In fact, given the work completed by Dr. Ohsumi, we now know that our family member’s and friend’s exhortations to “eat something” when we are very ill is completely wrong advice, as it is the period of mini-starvation that actually helps us to recover more quickly. In fact, scientists also believe that disruptions in autophagy leads to the aging process, cardiovascular disease, bone degradation and cognitive decline as well, so for those of us that want to look and feel decades younger that our biological age, intermittent fasting may just be our best all-natural solution for finding the ever elusive Fountain of Youth....

MORE: on zerohedge.com: The Health Benefits of Fasting and Autophagy: Why I Fast for 24 Hours Once Every Week and Intermittent Fast Daily | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How to renew your body: Fasting and autophagy
by Dr. Jason Fung, MD

On October 3rd, the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine to Yoshinori Ohsumi for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy.

But what is autophagy? The word derives from the Greek auto (self) and phagein (to eat). So the word literally means to eat oneself. Essentially, this is the body’s mechanism of getting rid of all the broken down, old cell machinery (organelles, proteins and cell membranes) when there’s no longer enough energy to sustain it. It is a regulated, orderly process to degrade and recycle cellular components.

junker_sot_up-300x200

There is a similar, better known process called apoptosis also known as programmed cell death. Cells, after a certain number of division, are programmed to die. While this may sound kind of macabre at first, realize that this process is essential in maintaining good health. For example, suppose you own a car. You love this car. You have great memories in it. You love to ride it.

But after a few years, it starts to look kind of beat up. After a few more, it’s not looking so great. The car is costing you thousands of dollars every year to maintain. It’s breaking down all the time. Is it better to keep it around when it’s nothing but a hunk of junk? Obviously not. So you get rid of it and buy a snazzy new car.

The same thing happens in the body. Cells become old and junky. It is better that they be programmed to die when their useful life is done. It sounds really cruel, but that’s life. That’s the process of apoptosis, where cells are pre-destined to die after a certain amount of time. It’s like leasing a car. After a certain amount of time, you get rid of the car, whether it’s still working or not. Then you get a new car. You don’t have to worry about it breaking down at the worst possible time.

Autophagy – replacing old parts of the cell

The same process also happens at a sub-cellular level. You don’t necessarily need to replace the entire car. Sometimes, you just need to replace the battery, throw out the old one and get a new one. This also happens in the cells. Instead of killing off the entire cell (apoptosis), you only want to replace some cell parts. That is the process of autophagy, where sub-cellular organelles are destroyed and new ones are rebuilt to replace it. Old cell membranes, organelles and other cellular debris can be removed. This is done by sending it to the lysosome which is a specialized organelle containing enzymes to degrade proteins....

MORE: on dietdoctor.com: How to Renew Your Body: Fasting and Autophagy – Diet Doctor

----------------------------------------------------------

Autophagy: What is It and 8 Ways to Enhance It
by Dr. Jockers

Autophagy: What is It and 8 Ways to Enhance It

Two reasons why people fast are to lose fat and improve their mental clarity. In order to do either of those things, the body needs to reach a state of autophagy — your body’s natural method of detoxification. In this article, I am going to go over what autophagy is and how you can optimize it on a daily basis.

Autophagy happens when your body recycles and gets rid of old or excess cells (like fat) that don’t serve a purpose or benefit your health. The major drivers of autophagy are cellular stressors such as nutrient deprivation brought on from various mechanisms including fasting, exercise and significant temperature change.

The Nobel Prize in 2016 was awarded to the Japanese researcher Yoshinori Ohsumi for his breakthrough work in helping us understand the process of autophagy and how it works. In this article, you will discover why autophagy is such an important concept and how to structure your life to optimize its benefits in your life.

How Does Autophagy Happen:

The word Autophagy is derived from the Greek “Auto – Phagein” meaning “self eating.” This is a form of cellular recycling where the cell itself will metabolize various components in order to reuse those to build new and healthier cellular structures.

Within each cell there are a number of essential components called “organelles,” much like the various organs that make up our body. The way autophagy works is when the cell is exposed to stressors such as nutrient deprivation, it creates a transient double membrane structure called a phagophore. The phagophore expands and has a tremendous level of flexibility in regards to its ability to surround and sequester cellular components such as proteins, lipids and whole organelles (1).

Once it surrounds and encloses the components it is after, it delivers them to the lysosomes. The lysosomes are unique organelles that contain degrading enzymes to degrade the particular components they are released upon.

The major driver of autophagy is cellular stress. Stress refers to an environment that demands change. Our body is constantly looking for a level of physiological balance called homeostasis which is necessary for survival.

During times of nutrient deprivation such as fasting, exercise, etc. the body needs to load up on raw materials to fuel the metabolic machinery to produce the necessary energy for survival. To do this, the innate intelligence within our body signals to break down the older cells and cellular organelles that are working less efficiently to create newer cells that work to produce energy more efficiently (2).

Benefits of Autophagy

It was very common for our ancestors to have stressful circumstances such as long periods of time without food, high intensity activity and excessive heat and cold. These demands stimulated a regular and healthy dose of autophagy within their cells.

The process of autophagy is occurring within all mammals at some level but creating a lifestyle that optimizes autophagy can be extremely beneficial for a number of reasons. Here are the top 5 reasons to support your body’s natural autophagy process....

MORE: on drjockers.com: Autophagy: What is It and 8 Ways to Enhance It - DrJockers.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Intermittent Fasting: The Definitive Guide (2020)
By Alex Reed | Medically Reviewed By L.J. Amaral MS, RD, CSO
Last Updated January 28, 2020

Intermittent fasting (IF) is one of the latest diet trends to hit the mainstream; however, this practice is really nothing new.
Humans have been fasting throughout most of history, mostly for religious but also for health reasons.
Science has only recently started to catch up with the health benefits of fasting.
So, you are saying that I should just fast and DHL will bring my six-pack and superpowers by tomorrow morning, right?
intermittent fasting

Well, probably not. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to IF. That's why, in this in-depth guide, I will teach you:

• What IF really is and isn't,
  • what happens to your body during it (the timeline),
  • and beginners guide to get started.
Let's "fast" in....

MORE: on bodyketosis.com: Intermittent Fasting: The Definitive Guide (2020) | Bodyketosis

YES, - I will start this week, Friday!
And you?..:)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hey, but Today morning, now, the topic is here! Very rare never seen miraculous event on MT

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Look on my NEW topic in "VPN and Privacy" section:

Best VPN for China 2020

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NEW Series Today:
- my NEW topic is NOT approved from Above, pity... so post it here:

Urgent: Don't smoke now!

Is THIS Why Most Coronavirus Deaths Have Been In Chinese Men?
by George Washington
Thu, 02/13/2020

It is important not to panic about Coronavirus. Panic makes everything worse. But it's also vital for scientists to determine why some people are dying from the virus and others don't even know they're sick. And it is prudent to take some basic precautions on an individual basis....

Here's where it gets interesting ...

A professor at the University of South Carolina found that smokers have significantly higher levels of ACE2 than non-smokers ... but that no difference was found based on age, gender or racial group:

In this study, we analyzed four large-scale datasets of normal lung tissue to investigate the disparities related to race, age, gender and smoking status in ACE2 gene expression. No significant disparities in ACE2 gene expression were found between racial groups (Asian vs Caucasian), age groups (>60 vs <60) or gender groups (male vs female). However, we observed significantly higher ACE2 gene expression in smoker samples compared to nonsmoker samples. This indicates the smokers may be more susceptible to 2019-nCov and thus smoking history should be considered in identifying susceptible population and standardizing treatment regimen.
Could this could help to explain why Chinese men are more susceptible to Coronavirus than other people?

Actually, it might...

The Chinese smoke a lot. BBC reported in 2015:

China is the world's biggest consumer of cigarettes - one in three cigarettes smoked globally is in China - as well as the world's biggest tobacco producer.
More than 300 million people - about a quarter of the population - smoke, with the average smoker consuming 22 cigarettes a day.
And it turns out that Chinese men smoke a lot more than Chinese women. For example, Gallup reported in 2005:

Smoking in China is overwhelmingly a male habit. At least two-thirds of all Chinese men (68%) smoke at least occasionally, and roughly half (49%) are regular smokers. In contrast, only 6% of women smoke regularly (3%) or occasionally (3%).
Wikipedia writes:

China ... accounted for 51.4% of the world's male smokers in 2015.
BBC notes:

A new study has warned that a third of all men currently under the age of 20 in China will eventually die prematurely [from lung cancer and other diseases other than Coronavirus] if they do not give up smoking.
And a shockingly high percentage of Chinese male doctors smoke as well:

A 2004 study conducted among 3,500 Chinese physicians found that 23% were regular smokers. There was a significant gender difference, with 41% of male physicians reporting to be smokers but only 1% of female physicians. More than one third of current smokers had smoked in front of their patients and nearly all had smoked during their work shift.
The smoking rates from these independent studies are lower than those reported by China's state-run newspaper. An article published in 2009 interviewed a source who claimed that 60% of Chinese male doctors were smokers, a percentage higher than any other country's doctors in the world.
So - in addition to other factors such as the overwhelmed medical system in Wuhan, and the attempt of the national and local governments to wish the problem away for the first couple of weeks - the high smoking rates (and increasing ACE2 levels) might be one of the reasons that most deaths from Coronavirus have been among Chinese men.

In any event, smoking can obviously weaken the lungs ... making smokers less able to fight off the effects of Coronavirus. As the San Jose Mercury News notes:

The respiratory tract – from the nose and tonsil crypts all the way down to the lungs — is an excellent portal of entry for a virus.
The resulting lung inflammation and fluid buildup can lead to breathing distress. It also sets the stage for a secondary bacterial pneumonia.
And if the lungs are already damaged from smoking, age or other infections, then they’re much more susceptible to a harmful pathogen.When combined with chronic lung disease, the two problems cause more rapid decline in lung function and are more likely to cause rapid, permanent injury.
As the Financial Times points out:

Possible reasons for the disparities [between mortality rates in men and women] include smoking, changing hospital care and gender-related immune response.
Postscript: Obviously, further study is needed to test whether or not the smoking-ACE2 hypothesis is accurate. This is even more true because the Coronavirus has spread so quickly that credible scientists are rushing to publish their preliminary findings ... even before going through the standard peer-review process. Specifically, they are trying to fight the effects of the virus by sharing their preliminary findings as quickly as possible, and they will go through the peer review process as soon as they can....
More: Is THIS Why Most Coronavirus Deaths Have Been In Chinese Men? | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

Urgent: Don't smoke now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

... and this post:

10 Things to Stop Doing When You Quit Smoking
By Terry Martin
Medically reviewed by Armeen Poor, MD
on January 29, 2020

We all want this quit to be the quit—the one that lasts us a lifetime. We're looking for permanent freedom from nicotine addiction when we stub out the last cigarette, signaling the beginning of smoking cessation—even though most of us doubt our ability to succeed for the long-term.

With some education about what to expect when we quit smoking and a few tools to help us along, we can all find the freedom we dream so much of, a life that no longer includes thoughts of smoking or the smallest twinge of desire for a cigarette.

Misconceptions about the nature of nicotine addiction and the process of quitting tobacco can set smokers who are trying to quit up for failure. Build a strong quit program by educating yourself about what to expect when you stop smoking....

It is a natural tendency to quit smoking and expect to be over it within a month. That would be nice (very nice!), but it doesn't work that way.1

When we quit smoking, we're letting go of a habit that most of us have carried for many years, if not all of our adult lives....
MORE: on verywellmind.com: 10 Things to Stop Doing When You Quit Smoking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And tell me please, what's this new way of throwing away two very smelly cigarette tips (mouthpieces), with some little cigarette papers around, some spittle here and there on the ground... very dirty for the environment. o_O
Crazy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Your Mindset and Achieve Anything | Colin O'Brady | TEDxPortland

In this epic Talk, Colin O'Brady, explains his journey back from a tragic burn accident only to ascend to the 7 tallest mountains and two poles on earth - in world record time.

His idea is centered around mindfulness and how one can achieve anything no matter the circumstances...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Finally, about smoking, I've copied from the cigarettes package warning message so TRUE:

SMOKING KILLS!
Quit smoking - Stay alive for those close to you.
Tobacco smoke contains MORE than 70 substances that cause cancer.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||... then: dead.

Here's about Wuhan novel coronavirus pneumonia complacent assertions, magical thinking ...

COVID-19 Pandemic: The Complacent Are Clueless

Monday, February 17, 2020

The eventual price of substituting magical thinking and survivorship bias for actual evidence will be far higher than the complacent realize.

Here's a sampling of complacent assertions being made about the COVID-19 virus as if they were certitudes:
It's no worse than a bad cold.
It's less deadly than a normal flu.
You can't catch it unless you're in sustained close contact with a carrier.
Carriers are only contagious for 14 days. After that, you're home free.
A vaccine is just around the corner.
The Chinese government has it under control.
Only 2,000 people have died, it's no big deal.
The few cases in other countries are being managed, and it will soon disappear.
The pandemic will fade away by April due to rising temperatures.
China's GDP will only take a 1% hit, and global growth will only drop 0.25%.
Interestingly, there is no large-scale, credible data to support any of these claims.

But the complacent are not just falling for false claims being passed off as "facts" rather than what they really are--magical thinking--they're making a much larger error known as Survivorship Bias.
The complacent are focusing on the few who have been tested for the virus, not the millions who haven't been tested.
The complacent are focusing on the accurate tests, not the many carriers who tested negative or the healthy people incorrectly tagged by false positive tests. The complacent are overlooking the fact that multiple tests are needed to confirm and even multiple tests can fail.
The complacent are focusing on the few who went to the hospital to get tested and treated, not the multitudes who did not go to a doctor or hospital (for a variety of reasons).
The complacent are focusing on the few carriers who have been forcibly hauled off by Chinese police and not the many who have wisely hidden away from prying eyes.
The complacent are focusing on the few facilities with test kits, not on the multitude of clinics which do not have test kits.
The complacent are focusing on the few who have been identified as carriers in other nations, not the asymptomatic carriers who have not been identified because 1) they have no symptoms and thus no reason to get tested and 2) they chose not to go to a doctor or hospital despite having symptoms.
In effect, the complacent are focusing solely on the few carriers who are symptomatic and have been tested, not on the much larger number of asymptomatic carriers who have not been tested. The complacent are ignoring the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, and the impossibility of controlling a virus that can be spread by asymptomatic carriers for up to 24 days.
The complacent are assuming 100% of all carriers outside China have come forward and been identified as carriers via tests, when the reality is asymptomatic carriers don't even know they are infected and contagious.
The complacent are assuming every healthcare facility in China has test kits in such abundance that they can test suspected carriers three times to confirm the diagnosis, when the reality is test kits are scarce and one test is not enough to make a reliable assessment. Carriers can test negative, positive and then negative.
The complacent are assuming casual contact isn't enough to catch the virus while a rising tide of cases confirm that brief, casual contact is enough to get the virus.
The complacent are assuming 100% of symptomatic carriers will go to the hospital to be tested and treated, when an unknown but consequential number of symptomatic carriers are fearful of what will be done to them and their families by authorities, so they hide from prying neighbors and authorities.
The complacent are assuming that asking people if they recently visited China or hosted a visitor from China will identify 100% of the asymptomatic carriers, when there is already proof that asymptomatic carriers have caught the virus from others: they did not visit China or have any known contact with anyone who came from China. They caught the virus from an intermediary who didn't even know they were infected.
The complacent are looking at cases and carriers that are known, not the cases and carriers which are unknown. Since asymptomatic carriers can spread the pathogen, the majority of carriers remain unknown. Since not every symptomatic carrier chooses to go to the hospital, many cases remain unknown.
In sum, the complacent are clueless. The eventual price of substituting magical thinking and survivorship bias for actual evidence will be far higher than the complacent realize. Playing games with statistics and high finance will not limit the spread of the virus or limit its profound economic impact.

exponential-virus2-20.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RKRN3

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Best True Real Life Stories

Jennifer's World:

The Story of Chang Kai 常凱的故事

Note from Jennifer: Chang Kai, born in 1964, director at the Communication Department at #Hubei Film Studio, died of #COVID19 in the morning on the #valentinsday. His sister died in the same afternoon. His father died on Jan 28. His mother died on Jan 31. Within 17 days, four members died. His wife was infected too. #coronavirus. The following are the Chinese & English versions of his story. One was by Chang Kai himself (no translation for this one), one was by Chang Kai’s classmate(with English translation by CredibilityStreet). One is the official obituary from HuBei Film Studio.(no translation for this one)

Read: on jenniferzengblog.com: The Story of Chang Kai 常凱的故事 — Jennifer's World

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RKRN3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.