What are you Browsing Now?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Wow, another casualty of supply-chain problems and "celebrities" cashing in on the beauty industry--driving the old timers to the side. But this was unexpected--I thought more Maybelline but obviously not!

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Finally, a dim hope for the future of the ghastly styrofoam plastic waste: everywhere. Oceans, beaches, central Brooklyn where I live. First thing I thought of was huge factory-like plants containing nothing but worms. However, it's the digestive enzyme scientists are after.

Please, please let this catch on and take off. 🤞

Australian scientists have found the Zophobas morio - commonly known as a superworm - can survive on a diet of polystyrene.
They believe the beetle larvae digest the plastic through a gut enzyme.
That could be significant for advancements in recycling, says one of the study's authors.
"Superworms are like mini recycling plants, shredding the polystyrene with their mouths and then feeding it to the bacteria in their gut," Dr Chris Rinke said.
The University of Queensland team fed three groups of superworms different diets over three weeks. The batch that ate polystyrene even put on weight.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.