Advice Request What are your thoughts on Windows 8?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Hello Forum!

This thread is for the people with thoughts on their minds about the new and upcoming Windows 8!

Post your thoughts about the upcoming operating system, and let us know what you think!

windows8.jpg

Do you think its a tabletised/watered down operating system!?
Do you think its another Windows Vista?
Do you love the new Metro UI?

Share your thoughts below!

Regards!
-Josh

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think that it is designed mainly for tablets PCs but the new Metro UI looks kinda cool.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
I think that it is designed mainly for tablets PCs but the new Metro UI looks kinda cool.

yes agreed :)

i feel the Metro UI should still have some tweaking, as its not really an enthusiast OS, i think i'll stick to Windows 7 for now ;) time will tell, hehe :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:

yes agreed :)

i feel the Metro UI should still have some tweaking, as its not really an enthusiast OS, i think i'll stick to Windows 7 for now ;) time will tell, hehe :p

Yeah same. Only because most of the program will not work with Windows 8 yet and also in the future they might even improve it.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I've been running it as my main PC's sole operating system since Day 1. I love the UI, I love some of the new security features, I hate smartscreen, I love the lower RAM usage and I absolutely can't wait for the new file system.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hungry Man said:
I've been running it as my main PC's sole operating system since Day 1. I love the UI, I love some of the new security features, I hate smartscreen, I love the lower RAM usage and I absolutely can't wait for the new file system.

Doesn't it get annoying with the tablet PC feel?

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Windows 8 brings in better improvements that Windows 7 didn't featured especially the new security features, Usability improvements and the improved memory usage and do think that Windows 8 will run much faster than Windows 7.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Also the thing that I love about Windows 8 is that when you first install it you don't have to install all the graphic drivers unlike Windows 7.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
whether it installs every driver you'll ever need for your system or not McLovin, you should always update your drivers to the latest!

especially when PC Gaming, overall yes windows 8 is better in many ways, its just how it goes about it that will effect peoples opinions!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
whether it installs every driver you'll ever need for your system or not McLovin, you should always update your drivers to the latest!

especially when PC Gaming, overall yes windows 8 is better in many ways, its just how it goes about it that will effect peoples opinions!

Well it has a wide variety of drivers with Windows 8.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

Wide variety of drivers that are generic*
and if they are like an nvidia 285.26, which is the latest, thats the default you will have in 3 years time when you install, when they are up to 385.65 or something, you get my drift?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

Wide variety of drivers that are generic*
and if they are like an nvidia 285.26, which is the latest, thats the default you will have in 3 years time when you install, when they are up to 385.65 or something, you get my drift?

Yeah. I get it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Also the boot loader for Windows 8 is pretty cool as well.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Also the boot loader for Windows 8 is pretty cool as well.

Oh definately! First GUI Windows Bootloader, its very nice indeed :) Definately an improvement, and if you install Windows 8 on another partition while 7 is installed already, it correctly configures the bootloader to detect both and it doesnt require any modification at all!

Quite brilliant :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Exorcizm said:
a) Do you think its a tabletised/watered down operating system!?
b) Do you think its another Windows Vista?
c) Do you love the new Metro UI?

a) I think it's designed for Tablet Computer because they designed it in a way like that on Windows Phone, so you will have the same phone experience on a Tablet Computer :D
b) Who knows? If they did their job accurately, I don't think it will be Windows Vista Second Edition :D
c) Yes, I love the Metro UI, it's cool :)

BTW, have you seen the Windows 8 BSOD? It looks nice :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Their Metro UI is a superb style, and Windows 8 also focused in security that makes it tightly like secure boot.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
it's a decent operating system, would take a while for a non-windows enthusiastic user, to get the layout down, not something i would use on a day to day basis, as you can clearly see it's meant for tablets, with the it's look and feel.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Yeah i dont personally like the feel of the new UI, it feels like its for very basic end users, it feels all Apple-ised :(
but i havent really poked around enough to confirm my theory and feeling on that permanantly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.