Advice Request What are your thoughts on Windows 8?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Hello Forum!

This thread is for the people with thoughts on their minds about the new and upcoming Windows 8!

Post your thoughts about the upcoming operating system, and let us know what you think!

windows8.jpg

Do you think its a tabletised/watered down operating system!?
Do you think its another Windows Vista?
Do you love the new Metro UI?

Share your thoughts below!

Regards!
-Josh

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I do not like the ribbon UI.
but we can also disable it.
on the screen when we log in windows, with a green background, I did not like it.

and, I like low RAM usage :heart:

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
^ the low ram is probably because it's not an PC OS.

and the official release, better not be called windows 8, as damn, i'd be pissed.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Luke[Dumke480] said:
^ the low ram is probably because it's not an PC OS.

and the official release, better not be called windows 8, as damn, i'd be pissed.

That is a relevant thought, both with the naming scheme and RAM usage, i never thought of that!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
From all I can tell after running Windows 8 in VM , right now this OS it is more geared towards tablets or touch screens and not the desktop users.
There is the traditional Windows mouse-and-keyboard UI that they have to keep, and there's the new Metro UI that they want everyone to develop for.The development experience for both sets of UI is going to be very different too, almost like developing for two different platforms.
Most of the work has been done so far is to the Metro UI and the desktop UI is still a little updated Windows 7 UI.
Microsoft has a strategic problem if we consider that the two main competitors, Google and Apple are giving away for free their operating system so another question would be if Microsoft will be able to make Windows 8 financially attractive to tablet developers.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Jack said:
From all I can tell after running Windows 8 in VM , right now this OS it is more geared towards tablets or touch screens and not the desktop users.
There is the traditional Windows mouse-and-keyboard UI that they have to keep, and there's the new Metro UI that they want everyone to develop for.The development experience for both sets of UI is going to be very different too, almost like developing for two different platforms.
Most of the work has been done so far is to the Metro UI and the desktop UI is still a little updated Windows 7 UI.
Microsoft has a strategic problem if we consider that the two main competitors, Google and Apple are giving away for free their operating system so another question would be if Microsoft will be able to make Windows 8 financially attractive to tablet developers.

That's a very attractive Debate :)

I see things how you see them by the sounds of it :)

I feel they should put in alot more work into the Windows 8 "7" Interface that looks pretty much the same at the moment, as i cannot bring myself to be using the all NEW "Windows 8"!! With the old Windows 7 GUI, as the Metro UI is only there to open apps and configure some settings and then its gone, with the other User Interface, that's what we will be seeing when we are listening to music, on facebook, on MalwareTips, etc etc etc ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.