Advice Request What are your top 5 Privacy Extensions for your browser?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Firefox extensions:
-Kaspersky browser extension with anti-banner and private browsing.
- Firefox multi-account containers
Tweaks:
- Enchanced tracking protection in-built from firefox with all 3rd party cookies blocked
- Caché deleted on exit.

With this config enchanced traking protection from firefox has priority over kaspersky anti-banner and makes the load more quickly. Using containers is best to avoid breaking websites and the formula to keep isolated all my browsing habits.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was looking at netcraft yesterday and "tested" its phishing with
links to test various browser security features (thanks to AndyF for reminding me of the link)
if it does block phishing test page, what is it doing in real-time browsing? Or is their "philosophy" we don't have to prove it works on standard test site?? IIRC malwarebytes was like that in the past not blocking eicar tests... not sure about that now a days.

lately liking ClearURLs (thanks oldschool)

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I have installed AdGuard on my laptop and mobile. And I am quite happy with its browser extension that blocks all types of online threats as well as tracking elements.
This is the only privacy extension that I use. This extension can also be installed independently.
Is it just me or did the screw up the new version? I am using the Windows version and not the extension, and it doesn't seem to properly block Pop-ups anymore. :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.