Advice Request What Browser Extensions are you using in 2020?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'm still torn between Privacy Badger and Privacy Possum, so I'd like to know your thoughts on which one I should go with.
Both have their uses but if I had to choose which is more useful I'd go with Possum. With that said, the extension looks to have been abandoned.

There is any benefit in using it paired with ublock?
Any third-parties that aren't blocked by uBlock will not be able to set cookies or etags, and your referer header (which contains the domain you're visiting) will no longer be sent to them.

Hey, maybe you should know that if you activate the annoyance filters in ublock (i use the adguard and ublock annoyance filters) you'll probably won't have to use IDCAC... Maybe you should try. I've been using for a while without seen any advices about cookies anymore.
IDCAC has their own filter list they could use.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Funny how many extensions some guys here use.

I only use in my Edge:
AdGuard from Microsoft store
uMatrix from Google store (until it's available in Microsoft store)

That's it.

Over that, If you add the web filters included by many antiviruses and a lot of VPN ( I use Windscibe and activate R.O.B.E.R.T) it can slow down your browsing.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Why AdGuard and not the combination of uBlock Origin (now up-to-date in the Microsoft Store) with uMatrix?
Because AdGuard include ClearURL / NeatURL feature, so i need one less extension.
In combination with uMatrix i have all usefully privacy & security features.

Also extensions from Microsoft store are better then from Google as they signed by Microsoft. if I could replace uMatrix from Google store to a version (or alternative with same features) from Microsoft store, i even would disable extensions from other stores, which increase security a lot!

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Over that, If you add the web filters included by many antiviruses and a lot of VPN ( I use Windscibe and activate R.O.B.E.R.T) it can slow down your browsing.
I use PiHole which a lot of filterlists so i only need element blocking at browser level. This provide maximum performance on all devices in my network by default.
For me a VPN wouldn't make sense in any case. It would only make things worse

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
Chrome Edge
-umatrix
-nano adblocker (69k network filter + 143k cosmetic. Using mainly for cosmetics. I use Adguard DNS home with a bunch of lists)
-nano defender pro
-ghostery
-dashlane
-netcraft (don't know if netcraft or malwarebytes addon is better)
-trace
-localCDN (fork of decentraleyes)
-Google voice
-Clearurls
-Application guard extension
-MixrElixir
-BetterTTV
-Auto Refresh

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Chrome Edge
-umatrix
-nano adblocker (69k network filter + 143k cosmetic. Using mainly for cosmetics. I use Adguard DNS home with a bunch of lists)
-nano defender pro
-ghostery
-dashlane
-netcraft (don't know if netcraft or malwarebytes addon is better)
-trace
-localCDN (fork of decentraleyes)
-Google voice
-Clearurls
-Application guard extension
-MixrElixir
-BetterTTV
-Auto Refresh
If you use this: Nano adblocker (69k network filter + 143k cosmetic. Using mainly for cosmetics. I use Adguard DNS home with a bunch of lists)
Then you don't need: uMatrix, Nano defender pro, Ghostery.
If you replace Nano adblocker with AdGuard (better cosmetic filtering) you probably also don't need: Trace, LocalCDN, Clearurls.
What is your AV?
With a good one you can probably skip some other extensions.
Less attack surface and better browsing speed (y)

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
If you use this: Nano adblocker (69k network filter + 143k cosmetic. Using mainly for cosmetics. I use Adguard DNS home with a bunch of lists)
Then you don't need: uMatrix, Nano defender pro, Ghostery.
If you replace Nano adblocker with AdGuard (better cosmetic filtering) you probably also don't need: Trace, LocalCDN, Clearurls.
What is your AV?
With a good one you can probably skip some other extensions.
Less attack surface and better browsing speed (y)

I'm using windows defender as my AV. How does AdGuard replace LocalCDN? If I use AdGuard don't I still need uMatrix? If I'm using nano adblocker why do I not need nano defender pro if it's meant to be used together? I use Ghostery to catch things that nano missed since I'm using mainly cosmetics filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.