Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Still not convinced they are any better for the planet. We'll see in 15-20 years when we're buried under 100's of millions of tons of waste battery's.

As far as I know, there are chemicals in them we still don't have technology to dispose of safely.

And beside's, I honestly couldn't tell you where a charge station was in my city(3.5 million people).

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I thought I bought a "clean" diesel (in 2019) according to research by a British company called Emission Analytics. A two year study in Brussels showed in 2021 that those clean diesels actually are as bad as petrol cars in terms of CO2 emissions. In 2022 Two Dutch academic studies (Groningen and Eindhoven) still proofed that clean diesels are greener than petrol cars, because of their mileage efficiency (they use on average 40 to 60 percent less fuel per mile driven). Af course old diesels without partculate filter cause health hazards which petrol cars don't have.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
ICE, 2023 Buick Envision.

EV's are the future but it will be years before all vehicles are EV.

EV's don't quite work for me here living in the boonies, its a 5 hour drive to any city with a population of over 50k for me. A hybrid would work though as no need to look for charging stations.

EV's will be perfect when:
Costs are the same as ICE.
Charging stations are as plentiful as gas stations are now.
You can get 500+ km per charge.
Charging takes 10 minutes or less.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
🚗🚗🚗Currently driving a 2nd Gen Chevy Volt as we cruise across The Republic of Gilead. Quite a bit of high speed driving @ 75-85 mph and averaging about 40 MPG. My daily driver is a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT. The Mrs. commutes in the Volt.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
KIA - Well two of them petrol - Not convinced by battery yet & how 'green they are depends how the electricity used to charge them is produced - If it's windy here a proportion is green (if you ignore cost of turbines) if it's not it's still gas turbine shunted across hundreds of miles of copper with losses - Or DRAX who burn dried wood chips & are struggling to explain the subsidy they get - Maybe 8% of UK power.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Wow, Tesla, BMW and lexus, will you adopt me?
I bought the Lexus used, but certified condition. Only one owner before me, and he took good care of it. Got lucky with it, solid car. Was not intending to buy a Lexus or even a car, but sorta fell into it. The Tesla 3 is a better handling car IMO.
EDIT I drove a Toyota Tacoma 4 wheel drive pick up truck for 20 years...

Well one thing is that batterys arent renewable and the materials will soon run out unless we find a sustainable way to produce batterys.
I suspect that's a possibility, my son works for EV battery company. The battery on a Tesla I think is guaranteed to last 8 years and many make it to 10. I also think our smart people (or AI) will work out the tech issues :unsure:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.