What do you like the most about your AV?

For my personal systems I use security softs that do not cause much in the way of problems - due to bugs, high resource usage, incompatibilities, etc. So it all comes down usability. I look for what works best for me personally on my specific systems. One set of softs is not always appropriate for all machines due to different usage patterns.

I think selecting softs is highly personal. Everybody has different likes and dislikes so the answers given here will be very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I'm fully agree with lockdown when it concerns to me, ESET and Emsisoft are for me the less intrusive with nice features and with a great performance. I like network attack protection and device control on eset and surfing protection on emsisoft with custom hosts.
However, I like to recomend kaspersky because of the application manager, and the recent software updater.

D

Deleted member 178

I only like anti-exe/SRP and sandboxes; those i have full control over so i can lock my system.
Anti-exploits are useful to me but not mandatory on my security strategy.

i dont rely much on "reputation" or listing made by anyone., so AVs are excluded from my strategy (not saying they are amost all bloated by crap features and consume way too much resources and other issues)

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
It blocks malicious files before they even make it to my computer.

your anti-virus is installed in your computer.

it is in your computer that the anti-virus executes / runs.

it is in your computer that it analyzes / scans the malicious / suspicious files. these malicious files too reside in your computer.

the malicious files have already made it to your computer, whether or not you like it.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

The thing i like most about BTS is its capabilities as AV,interface and the fact that i have never been infected,i also got mwb 3.0 to thank for that:) and i am alloved to protect 3 devices with my current subscription:D

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
your anti-virus is installed in your computer.

it is in your computer that the anti-virus executes / runs.

it is in your computer that it analyzes / scans the malicious / suspicious files. these malicious files too reside in your computer.

the malicious files have already made it to your computer, whether or not you like it.
It has a web filter and it checks malicious URLs and files against the cloud before a connection is established. The download is not even occurring. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.