What do you think is better for you ?

• High detection (with high false positive)

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Low detection (with no false positive)

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
List of apps to compare
High detection (with false positive) or Low detection (with no false positive)

Jaspion

Level 16
Verified
If the heuristics is not too dumb, and the FPs are not too many, then I prefer high detection rates.

Cloud is great, don't get me wrong. It's great for data storage and syncing, it's great for streaming malware database updates, performing real-time online analysis and other security-related tasks, and et cetera. Right, but I just don't take internet connections for granted anywhere, so I like to have cloud stuff as complements, and very important ones, but I still like having local backups, local databases, local heuristic analysis, and so on, as well.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Why people blame Comodo about low detections ? What do you think ?
Could it be high false positives?o_O I honestly don't know as, only from what I've read, Comodo is akin to a passion for fans whom love to tweak their settings in order to create an airtight sandboxed "Fortress of Solitude". Comodo has ever been a fascination for me as the very name Comodo gives rise to the definition of fandom; and, even as an interested bystander, I see a controversial software company, including users whom either passionately love or previously loved it, shepparded by a controversial founder admired by many while criticized by others.
So, imho, maybe some people blame Comodo because they were former devotees:oops: whom tore themselves away :eek:(following a bitter divorce) and found themselves attending the Church of ESET or the Temple of Avast :rolleyes:(..or whichever name applies).:p
I agree with @Arakasi

Vendors with mediocre detection often have very high false positives and vice versa.
This completely challenges my thinking :confused: because it turns it over and onto it's head!:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I can deal with FP's as long as it prevents me from being infected.No other choice so did not vote

Myna

Level 9
Verified
FP is not at all a problem with me.
So I'd just go with high detection with high FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.