Advice Request What Do You Think Of ESET V9 vs Old version?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which ESET Version that you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khairul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Well after testing it for 3 days now, on 5 different PC with all of the different spec, here are my starting and early Normal Computer user with no extra or expert knowledge view. 2 WIndows 10, 2 Windows 7, 1 Windows XP

Pros
1stly, some how, the installation are much more faster than the older version of it.

2ndly i didnt know if it because it just being installed, but it does doesnt give impact to my PC startup which V8 does give a little impact on windows 10 startup (But i believe most of us doesnt feel it because the impact are not that bad).

3rdly, The design is clean and very comfortable to my i (personally) and look much more neat and modern look than the old one.

4th it is not deniable tha the ram usage are increased to more than 100Mb, but then, still somehow, we didnt feel any impact of it, it doesnt slow down the pc or causes the launc of ESET UI much heavier than before. Is light as ever and you can hardly notice it.

Cons
During the first trial, i found out that ESET Smart security addup some notification on downloading file from the ssl that has not being verified. (you know https:// that are not licensed by the cert authority). Well this features are good for average pc knowledge user and above. But for working maniac and just want undisturb protection for their pc without any knowledge of it besides for work @ noob, it might causes them to feel this to be a little bit annoying. (Well i still didnt look for the way to deactivate it)

Just found out there are some problem regarding ssl filtering that causes ERR_Connection TIme out. Well i chosed to disable it for now.

Well thats my part, so how about you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxx58 and XhenEd

Khairul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Update: Ssl filtering seems to cause certain ssl website connection timeout. SO im disabling it temporarily

Reactions: Maxxx58

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I like the new features more than version 8 but I don't really like the new UI and it also uses more computer resources like ram but I don't know if it uses more CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.