Advice Request What do you think of Vertical Tabs now it's available?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How would you rate Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge?

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Go to edge://flags/#edge-vertical-tabs

1612881851924.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I'm not sure I like it or dislike it, so voted for no opinion.
It's great that there is an option, but after all those years with horizontal tabs I'm quite used to that.
Also, I don't have that many tabs open normally.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Voted "Horrible", only because there was nothing lower than that offered. This is utterly hideous. It looks ugly in my opinion and wastes too much space for nothing, doesn't even include website preview. I like the content-centric design available currently and wouldn't change it.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

That's not true. By the way: I prefer vertical tabs on the right side of the screen, sadly not possible.

View attachment 253993
This is a website preview in the taskbar, but not in the side panel. With all that space it occupies on hover/press they could've added a preview. Also, this design is not in line with any other design Microsoft is currently trying to promote.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Support is still in an experimental stage as certain features are not implemented at this point in time. One of these features, the ability to resize the tabs sidebar, has now been implemented in the latest Edge Canary build.

All you need to do is move the mouse cursor over the sidebar border; the icon changes and you may click and drag to resize the sidebar. You may reduce the size to make up more room for the display of websites, or increase it to make sure all page titles are displayed properly, even in lower levels of the hierarchical structure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.