Advice Request What email provider do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What email provider do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Gmail. I also have an Hotmail (Outlook), though I have redirections enabled on it to my Gmail. I only use it to submit phishing URLs to a company because Google blocked my address after sending them tons of reports.

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
I use Gmail, yandex (cuz I work with lots of yandex services), and my native provider - ukr.net. The last one is the best for me, because I'm used to it, but few months ago one of my mailboxes there were compromised, so I began to use gmail. Can't say nothing bad 'bout Gmail, it's fine

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I understand the sentiments of using email service provider that is privacy free, however we should consider many factors which ended on user preferences.

Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Live/Hotmail are my the big three list that already satisfied on their services.

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Interesting topic considering the news today about the stolen account credentials at Yahoo!

I´m using:
- Gmail as a trash account for forum registrations and similar
- Tutanota and Protonmail for secure communication
- An old Hotmail account that just exists. Also used previously for registrations etc.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Posted based on the importance:

1. a government issued email (login via ID) - not really using it, but I have it and it is important, so.
2. Mail.ru - main email used for important stuff like steam and less important like banking, paypal.
3. Yandex - mainly for keeping browser settings/favorites synchronized and for recovery purposes.
4. Gmail - spam email used to register wherever I want, surprisingly hardly any spam there.
5. Outlook - well I have Windows, so I have to have it, plus subscribed to Microsoft alerts.
5. Zoho.eu - created just to provide support for my Windows tweaks.

Reactions: AtlBo

Kristeen Carter

Level 1
May 20, 2017
Yes you are right. My email adress still ends with "@hotmail.be" (the .be makes it even more special ;)). If I remember well, you could change it to "@outlook.com", but that might be confusing for people that know my email adress already. And althoug hotmail is abandoned now and changed to outlook, it still works without problems.
Agreed with you @Kev

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Should mention I have yopmail which is a throw-away address and I have learned to love it.

You might consider looking into it.

P

PEllis

Thread author
I only use Outlook as my email provider now. I prefer to use my phone as a recovery method. FastMail doesn't let you use your phone on the account recovery page, only other email accounts.

Reactions: jadinolf and AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.