Advice Request What email provider do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What email provider do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm using Yahoo Mail, Gmail and ProtonMail. Yahoo Mail is still my main email provider (for almost a decade) although I'm drowning in spam. :D
You my friend are a very brave Lion with all the issues Yahoo is having now with Security.
ProtonMail is an awesome choice, you have the worst and the best. I would dump Yahoo like a bad habit if I were you. jmho
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I utilize ProtonMail as my main and have done away with the rest.
I had an early heads up about ProtonMail and was honored to help Beta test
There are a few things that Gmail and Outlook mail are required for other than that
I strictly use the top Encrypted Email service on the planet :)

P

PEllis

Thread author
You my friend are a very brave Lion with all the issues Yahoo is having now with Security.
ProtonMail is an awesome choice, you have the worst and the best. I would dump Yahoo like a bad habit if I were you. jmho
PeAcE
Only problem with that is you have to change your email on every account you have, lol. It's a pain, as someone that has done it like ten times.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Only problem with that is you have to change your email on every account you have, lol. It's a pain, as someone that has done it like ten times.
There are tools for this, I did it gradually over time seeing I got in early while it was still an early beta. I added a "Reply To" to all my Gmail and MS email messages, then came game clients last.
Privacy and security are worth the effort to me hands down my brother.
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Main e-mail adress is hotmail. Why? Because I created it back in the day and I still use it till now. Hotmail was very popular then.
Junk email is a gmail.
Hi kev :)
you may have a Hotmail address but its a live acct now, I hate that MS did that I too "back in the day" had a Hotmail acct and thought that was the coolest name ever.
I think if you started with a Hotmail acct you can still use the "@hotmail.com" extension cant you ?

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I have several accounts but frequently I'm using only 3 or 4 email adresses.
Some of them i created already some years ago and i use them not very often/don't use them anymore....
Protonmail account is very safe so thats why i created an account (good to have
one safe adress), yandex mail has also a very good reputation....

frequently i'm using:
gmail.com (de)
web.de
t-online.de ("email.t-online.de")

brand new accounts:
mail.yandex.com
protonmail.com

"old" accounts:
freenet.de
gmx.de
arcor.de
yahoo.com (de)

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Hi kev :)
you may have a Hotmail address but its a live acct now, I hate that MS did that I too "back in the day" had a Hotmail acct and thought that was the coolest name ever.
I think if you started with a Hotmail acct you can still use the "@hotmail.com" extension cant you ?
Yes you are right. My email adress still ends with "@hotmail.be" (the .be makes it even more special ;)). If I remember well, you could change it to "@outlook.com", but that might be confusing for people that know my email adress already. And althoug hotmail is abandoned now and changed to outlook, it still works without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.