Advice Request What email provider do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What email provider do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaeedLohana

Level 2
Verified
May 28, 2017
Nothing can beat gmail, easy to use both on PC & Android.
You can have multiple accounts logged in at a time, easy to switch.
In case I forget to check any specific account, I use one account on which I've forwarded mails from all of my other accounts, so I don't even have to check every account separately since I get all the mails from all of my accounts on one.

Reactions: jadinolf and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Hotmail account was my first back in 1995, and I still use that account. Got hacked once and someone spammed contacts. That cost me two years during that time because MS deactivated the account, so I used Inbox.com for those years. Then MS magically reactivated the hotmail account. Changing the e-mails twice around the internet was very painful o_O.

I like the features of Outlook. Respect to Google for the clean interface of gmail, but it makes me dizzy after so many years of hotmail/outlook.

Reactions: jadinolf

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Hotmail has primary and Gmail as secondary email. I find Hotmail/Outlook interface more clean and ease to use than Gmail.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm using ProtonMail and Tutanota for some privacy matters

GMX Mail and Inbox.LV for general purpose mails

Yahoo Mail, Gmail and Hotmail.......cleared of emails and trying my best in moving away from Yahoo, Google and MS

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have
1. 3 Gmail accounts, one primary for most important emails, second for social media and third for just creating accounts on different not-so-important sites.
2. One Yahoo account
3. One Hotmail account, since I started using Win8

W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
I think Gmail and Outlook are the most reliable for personal use. Also it's convenient as you mostly need a Google or Microsoft account. For forums or less important mails i use Yahoo, but i wouldn't rely on it for important stuff. If it's real privacy you're looking for ProtonMail is pretty good, though i don't have use for it. In any case i would advise activating 2 step authentication and fill as much recovery options as possible (email, phone, etc...) to ensure maximum security while having options to recover your account.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I use:

Gmail - personal
Yahoo - personal
Outlook - work
ProtonMail - personal / occasional use
icloud- personal

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Outlok.com
Centrum.cz
Seznam.cz
I have faith in my world.
There are services like googlu (they did not smile to know that google monopoly)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Gmail, Outlook.com, ProtonMail, Yandex.Mail and iCloud here.
Gmail and Outlook on a daily basis and the other 3 for "special tasks" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.