Advice Request What features do you want or need in your next smartphone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Ordered a Pixel 3a XL for $319 this week to replace my broken Moto Z Play. My considerations when making the purchase include (in no specific order):
  • Battery life - I don't want to have to worry about needing access to a charger throughout the day.
  • Screen size - I read a lot of ebooks and content on my phone. Bigger screen = more content that can fit on the screen.
  • Screen tech - I prefer OLED as it's easier on the eyes when reading at night.
  • Supported bands - To make sure it is fully compatible with my carrier.
  • Access to repair - I have a uBreakiFix 5 minutes away from me and they work on Pixel phones.
  • Price - Don't want to break the bank so I chose what device provided the most value for me at a reasonable price point.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread bump for 2023.

What features do you want or need in your next smartphone?

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I'll most likely get the pixel 8 pro, when it's released. It offers the integration I like. What they can do with their software is amazing. I've learned after using pixel devices that software can overcome hardware deficiencies.

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019
A 3.5 mm audio jack. No glass on the back (I don't care about "premium" feel). Small size.

The Zenfone 9 it's kinda the phone I want, but only 2 years of updates is really nothing!

Reactions: roger_m

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I'll most likely get the pixel 8 pro, when it's released. It offers the integration I like. What they can do with their software is amazing. I've learned after using pixel devices that software can overcome hardware deficiencies.
I may buy the same ,however I really don't care about features.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Waiting for Samsung to announce the Galaxy S23 Ultra today. Will get it. The needed features are there

SD 8 Gen 2 overclocked (TSMC 4nm, no Exynos BS!)
10x optical zoom
UFS 4.0
12GB RAM with 512GB storage
Nightography
8K@30fps video recording
200MP camera
LPDDR5 RAM
120Hz screen refresh rate

Too bad no

8K@60fps/4K@120fps video recording
LPDDR5X RAM
4K screen resolution

.......well......... maybe next phone

😁

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.