Advice Request What is "agsrunner.bin" ? (blocked by Voodooshield)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Voodooshield has recently been blocking "agsrunner.bin" each time my Windows PC starts up.

Anyone know what this is and whether it is safe ?

VirusTotal doesn't mark it as harmful and it is not detected by Kaspersky on my own PC. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it is safe.
There is not very much about this file on the Internet that I can see.

The folder location is shown below (something to do with Intel ?)...

1619018440252.png

Attachments

• tempsnip.jpg
    tempsnip.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 478
  • Wow
Reactions: Venustus and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Voodooshield has recently been blocking "agsrunner.bin" each time my Windows PC starts up.

Anyone know what this is and whether it is safe ?

VirusTotal doesn't mark it as harmful and it is not detected by Kaspersky on my own PC. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it is safe.
There is not very much about this file on the Internet that I can see.

The folder location is shown below (something to do with Intel ?)...

View attachment 257191
It's legitimate and as you already said, belongs to Intel.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.