What is the best anti virus software?

Artificial intelligence

Level 1
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
Hi, no security software is perfect (Anti-Virus), but if there are two big options the first option is Kaspersky, very strong everywhere (Components) and the second option is Emsisoft which is also a great security software. In terms Both behavior blocker are very strong compared to other security products.

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
My opinion against viruses and set protection:
Norton > Kaspersky > Bitdefender > Eset > Avast...

Against Pup's:
Emsisoft > Malwarebytes > Zemana...

Phishing:
Norton Toolbar and it still has Norton DNS as more protection

Performace:
Avast > Panda > Avira...

Last edited:

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I havent got updated in this community in a while so I thought it would be a good idea to know what is the best anti virus.
I tried to install BitDefender but for some reason after I registered it is not launching and I have no way to acces it after I Installed it.
Im not getting BitDefender of the table, but if anyone has a seloution let me know.

-Thanks to all!
The best antivirus? Well, there is no picking just one as each has their strengths, so here are a few of my favorites: Emsisioft, Kaspersky, ESET, Bitdefender, Avast, Comodo, and Sophos.

Allena

Level 1
Feb 8, 2018
I second Bitdefender, Norton and F-secure, but realistically the best antivirus software is using your brain to avoid sketchy downloads and websites. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Ratings, performance and security of the applications changed month to month, it would be hard to establish one.
Importantly, Antivirus products distinguish themselves by going beyond the basics of on-demand scanning and real-time malware protection. Some rate URLs that you visit or that show up in search results, using a red-yellow-green color coding system. Some actively block processes on your system from connecting with known malware-hosting URLs or with fraudulent (phishing) pages.

With BitDefender,
  • Easily Defends against viruses, ransomware & more
  • Optimized performance preserves speed and battery life.
  • Multi-layer ransomware protection to keep your files safe.
  • Run your security from your mobile device Learn more.
  • Simplifies security – with online control
With F-Secure,
  • Protect your PC against viruses, spyware and other malware
  • Keep your security always up-to-date with automatic updates
  • Make sure you have advanced malware removal technology
  • Use your computer safely without slowing it down

Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
My pick for the best free AVs I tend to recommend (the order does not matter, it is simply the matter of what you want, no ADs of course):

FortiClient (install and forget, super light)
Kaspersky (signatures + cloud, a bit heavy)
Tencent PC Manager (Bitdefender signatures and more customizable than BD Free)
Panda (light and very effective in detection, but keep in mind, that it is cloud only and it does not update automatically)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.