Advice Request What is the best video player?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I'm using since about 20 years: JetAudio
Its an audio and video player, also available as free version ("Jetaudio basic").
"Jetaudio.com" is also offering a "pure" (free) video-player: it's called "JetVideo" ( JetAudio)
It has a reduced functionality: only "JetAudio VX plus" has all audio/video playback features.

Main reasons for this player are this soundeffects (see link: JetAudio ):
Various sound effects
blank.gif

Enjoy the various sound effects during digital audio/video, Video-CD and DVD playback.

Supported sound effects are Reverb, Wide, X-Bass, Flange, Reverse Flange, Robot, and much more!

Reverb makes you feel like you are listening to a sound in a wide hall or Stadium.
Wide provides a broad (spread-out) sound as if the two speakers are set far away from each other, and X-Bass provides deeper, tighter bass sound.
Try other special effects also!

JetAudio 6 provides new sound effects powered by BBE *.
BBE MP improves brilliance and clarity of music, and BBE ViVA creates an authentic and exciting 3D sound effect from stereo speakers.

* Requires appropriate Extension Pack.

see yahhh....!!

LASER_oneXM .....live from Europe....

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
splash premium for HD movies
vlc for SD videos

aamoos

Level 3
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
VLC and potplayer are my favorite.

I have an i3 laptop with 3 gb ram but when i tried to play x265 codec file after 1,2 minute my system starts laging. Should I upgrade my system or should I change my players??

melen1717

Level 1
Verified
Feb 12, 2016

I have an i3 laptop with 3 gb ram but when i tried to play x265 codec file after 1,2 minute my system starts lagging. Should I upgrade my system or should I change my players??

Hi...

Get more RAM and that should solve your issue....

Reactions: aamoos

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

I have an i3 laptop with 3 gb ram but when i tried to play x265 codec file after 1,2 minute my system starts laging. Should I upgrade my system or should I change my players??
try to change your player too. I found that VLC is not good for playing x265 and 4k. I tried to change some settings but still laggy. It played perfecctly with splash at default settings

Reactions: aamoos

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

I think this is a VLC problem itself, have 6GB RAM and this has happened to me, not only with VLC other players as well. I believe it is the video format.

aamoos

Level 3
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
try to change your player too. I found that VLC is not good for playing x265 and 4k. I tried to change some settings but still laggy. It played perfecctly with splash at default settings
Thanks. I'll try it.

I think this is a VLC problem itself, have 6GB RAM and this has happened to me, not only with VLC other players as well. I believe it is the video format.
Hmm. I also think so. Will try splash..

Hi...

Get more RAM and that should solve your issue....

First i'll try some other player as mentioned by @Evjl's Rain.. If problem remains then I will upgrade the ram.

Could be your GPU as well. 3GB of RAM doesn't seem lacking enough to slow down video processing though.
It means I have to upgrade my system... :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jrs30

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Some new GPUs have HEVC decoding implemented in hardware so playing videos will run smoothly with them. As HEVC uses hardest compression algorithms nowadays the main job for playing those videos falls to CPU and GPU s job.
I found Potplayer is able to play Bluray 720p HEVC videos without a lag on my laptop while MPC and GOM struggles

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
It is a personal choice depending upon the usage charts. For me:
1) It should not lag. Number of CPU cycles or strained GPU
2)Should be able to play common formats extensively.
3)Customizable
4) A good range of fine tune audio/video/de-noise settings.
5)Subtitle support
6) added bonus - editing,recording or some neat feature

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
It's definitely MPC-HC. The best one I ever used. Plain and user-friendly interface, wide range of supported extensions - all that I need.

Reactions: malis2007

Naqeeb

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Kmplayer is lighter than Gom and VlcPlayer if you have powerfull computer then try Vlc in general or if you have not a powerful computer then you must go for PowerISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.