Advice Request What is the difference between ZoneAlarm Web Secure Free vs Paid?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I can't see any difference unless one comes with their full paid security suite package. This looks to be like other site advisor extensions. Personally I prefer Bitdefender Traffic Light which does the same thing and is very good and also free :)

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I don't see a paid-for version, it's free to use.

https://support.zonealarm.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027696211-What-is-Web-Secure-

They do have one which it will prompt you to get when you get their anti ransomware product or endpoint solutions which you can only use if it detects youre using the anti ransomware or any of their endpoint solutions, I tested it and it just would not work, it said it didnt detect any zonealarm products on my computer, it only worked when I tried out their anti ransomware product.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
They do have one which it will prompt you to get when you get their anti ransomware product or endpoint solutions which you can only use if it detects youre using the anti ransomware or any of their endpoint solutions, I tested it and it just would not work, it said it didnt detect any zonealarm products on my computer, it only worked when I tried out their anti ransomware product.
Thanks @EndangeredPootis
And do you think that it is better to use the free version than the "paid" one ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you send the link for the paid-for version?
Found a source.
Threat Extraction is a major feature of the Web Secure Chrome Extension and is a part of the overall Zero-Day Protection included in the Extreme Package. The Threat Extraction protect against threats by removing exploitable content, including active content and embedded objects from emailed and web-downloaded documents. It reconstructs files to eliminate potential threats, and delivers you sanitized content that enables you to maintain a clean work flow.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.