What is the meaning of life according to you?

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
As the thread title describes, what is the meaning of life according to you? It seems irritating to ask such question in a security forums but as it is a relaxing section of the forums one would find it more challenging to give some thought than finding a solution to eradicate some newly found stubborn malware in a system. :D

My thought;
I never really used to give it much thought... but lately I feel like I've fallen behind in life, and I need to catch up to the rest of the class. I am becoming softer, and softer to the idea of just finding some line to toe/ step -- something to conform to, something to identify with.

I'm not that good at the game of life.
What is yours?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

enjoy as much as i can , if not it is useless to live

I

illumination

It is to live, not just exist. It is to learn, and and to help spread what you have learned. It is above all else, about evolution, helping each generation that comes after us evolve. Life is much bigger then just you or me.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Fill your ages with life and not life with ages. Don't survive... live :)

Reactions: Venustus

strumdrum

Level 1
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
“You don’t have to know a lot of things for your life to make a lasting difference in the world. But you do have to know the few great things that matter, perhaps just one, and then be willing to live for them and die for them. The people that make a durable difference in the world are not the people who have mastered many things, but who have been mastered by one great thing.” - John Piper

You were not made to find enjoyment in yourself. Nor is your purpose to "follow your dreams" or "listen to your heart". I agree with illumination that Life is much bigger than you or me. You were made to find enjoyment in God. Your purpose is to know Jesus and be so satisfied in Him that you spend your life loving others and making Him known.

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith." - Philippians 3:8-9

PM me if you want to have a discussion

Reactions: WinXPert

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
meaning-of-life.jpeg

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
You cannot pick the time when you are born, Neither can you pick the time when you die (unless you commit suicide) You can only pick the way you want people to remember you.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Life is a gift from The Creator. to live for His Glory!

what a difficult question. it's easier to answer how do you remove sality or something...

Reactions: Oxygen

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Life is a big sandbox, and we are just programs trying to become sentient. God is just this automated sandbox system that gives each piece of code some time to run, then decides what to do with it based on its actions. Bugs and malware get sent to oblivion (or hell) and then get a chance to start "from scratch", while good pieces of code are allowed to proliferate. Of course, sometimes things may get out of hand and the sandbox may get flushed by an asteroid or something. Sometimes things happen that we don't understand; that's just God, or maybe an Admin, hacking things to help or thwart you. The meaning of life is to help the very sandbox system you are a part of. More information is currently only available with an Admin account, or with God power.

Rui

Level 2
Verified
Jun 7, 2014
Life sucks. Period.
Nowadays you have to be extremely good, because being "just" good isn't enough.
If want a job, you have to be beautiful, smart, because today, the only thing that matters is your body and because who plays the game by the rules neither have opportunities nor have luck.
If you want to be happy, you can only count with your friends and family, because if you want a girlfriend, you can go back to the last sentence a replace job for girlfriend.
This world is becoming too competitive...I feel like ten years ago life were easier than today...
(sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm portuguese)

D

Deleted member 178

@Jaspion : damn ! i am in the Matrix !!!!

@Rui : i have my girlfriend since 5 years, she earn more money than me, she could go with someone else better/richer than me (common behavior in this era), but she still with me and love me...i don't think it is just luck ; but the choices/behaviors i made and did when i met her.

for the job, i admit, in Europe , it sucks a lot unless you have good relations or very high diploma or comes from very rated schools.

Rui

Level 2
Verified
Jun 7, 2014
It's really hard have a good life these days...this era is ****** up...

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.