Battle What is the most bulletproof Combination?

What is the most bulletproof Combination?

• AV + Cyberlock (Always ON)

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • AV + Comodo Firewall (Cruelsister Settings)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compare list
Malware
Scripts
Exploits
Viruses
Spyware
Adware
and more.
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What combination is best against all kinds of malware and attacks.
I have used both and arguably they are comparable in terms of protection. (others with deeper understand of system can answer better). I find CL easier to use, very easy, & IMO that should be a component of your question. Currently I'm running MS Defender + WHHL in win10_vm. I haven't voted yet, and may abstain.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Both are very good. But I find Cyberlock too expensive outside the USA.
I looked since I could not recall price. I computer 1 year $30.00 USD. If you're using it with MS Defender (free) that's $30.00 -- What are you paying outside USA? I suppose some other AV are less than $30, I recall seeing less and seeing more. What price would not be a deal breaker?

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I looked since I could not recall price. I computer 1 year $30.00 USD. If you're using it with MS Defender (free) that's $30.00 -- What are you paying outside USA? I suppose some other AV are less than $30, I recall seeing less and seeing more. What price would not be a deal breaker?
I have a lifetime license but for me I would measure every AV software on the Norton/Kaspersky license prices on ebay (from shops listed as authorized sellers). They are at under 10€ so around 11$ :D

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Why need bulletproof ? You are just a home user, the chance you encounter any malware is like 0.00001%
where does your percentage come from? ie, source? I definitely had malware at least once in past 24 years, not lately. Or you're saying MS Defender is enough, I would perhaps agree. And I was targeted several years ago, but to no effect. Lately I "worry" more about phishing attempts and data collection from legitimate sources.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
where does your percentage come from? ie, source? I definitely had malware at least once in past 24 years, not lately. Or you're saying MS Defender is enough, I would perhaps agree. And I was targeted several years ago, but to no effect. Lately I "worry" more about phishing attempts and data collection from legitimate sources.
If you surf normally, don't download naughty things or pirated software you will be fine with a Normal AV Suite, like Kaspersky, Avast, Norton , F-Secure etc.
Totally bogus to make it "bulletproof" and no i do not use Defender, i use Norton360 premium.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have a lifetime license but for me I would measure every AV software on the Norton/Kaspersky license prices on ebay (from shops listed as authorized sellers). They are at under 10€ so around 11$ :D
probably just chickenshit me, but I almost always buy AV licenses from developer / vendor, not from 3d-parties, but perhaps that's over-cautious? Hence when F-Secure wanted $90 at the end of my first year, I said nevermind. Yes, I know there are work-a-rounds...

If you surf normally, don't download naughty things or pirated software you will be fine with a Normal AV Suite, like Kaspersky, Avast, Norton , F-Secure etc.
Totally bogus to make it "bulletproof" and no i do not use Defender, i use Norton360 premium.
currently running MS Defender + WHHL in this VM after seeing Shadowra's test the other day, and I had been wanting to use WHHL. This also feels close to bulletproof. Or wishful thinking :ROFLMAO:

You can opt for View results without needing to vote. How does your non-bulletproof setup compare to CyberLock?
thanks it looks like CL is leading CF. To get a good / correct answer to your question, you'd have to ask @Andy Ful or @danb :) how does protection between CL & WHHL compare? Experience-wise, running VS/CL plus 10 years versus WHHL about 2 days, so far no malware with either. :ROFLMAO: I'm "investigating" @Andy Ful's approach of hardening windows system resources. Seems preferable... :unsure: Having said that, CF (@cs) containment is also solid. I am running CL on my hardware pc, so I guess I've vote for CL.
PS: ... but I rarely run CL always ON...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.