DeepInstinct Endpoint vs Kaspersky Free

• DeepInstinct Endpoint

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Kaspersky Free

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compare list
Effectiveness against all kinds of threats.
False Positive Rates.
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Kaspersky in my eyes. You get the ML/AI also with KSN. Check out their link.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Many people misunderstand DeepInstinct’s nature. DeepInstinct is prevention layer for business. It is an add-on that closes gaps in other software, such as EDR. It is designed to cover threats that businesses experience every day and their defences fail, such as targeted attacks. It detects many attacks in a very early stage and without relying on a cloud which is important to ensure no damage is done.

Kaspersky Free is a home solution designed to cover a broad spectrum of threats that home users experience such as malware, phishing, botnet communications and others. The free version is limited and not too great.

It is impossible to compare the two, they serve different purpose and application.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Many people misunderstand DeepInstinct’s nature. DeepInstinct is prevention layer for business. It is an add-on that closes gaps in other software, such as EDR. It is designed to cover threats that businesses experience every day and their defences fail, such as targeted attacks. It detects many attacks in a very early stage and without relying on a cloud which is important to ensure no damage is done.

Kaspersky Free is a home solution designed to cover a broad spectrum of threats that home users experience such as malware, phishing, botnet communications and others. The free version is limited and not too great.

It is impossible to compare the two, they serve different purpose and application.
While I agree with you for the most part, I still think that DeepInstinct won't distinguish between malware that is mainly targeted at home users or malware that is mainly targeted at businesses. Kaspersky however truly has more features and characteristics that most home users need. Web-blocking, less false positives etc.
DeepInstinct is very effective against zero-days but therefor definitely more prone to false positives. Both offer great protection against all kinds of malware so it's hard to choose a winner.
The reason why I chose DeepInstinct is it's simplicity, performance and stability and of course it's effectiveness against malware. I just have less problems with DeepInstinct than with any other AV I used before. It just feels very matured unlike many other home AV's out there. That's mainly due to the fact, that home solutions often aren't the priorities for the AV companies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I didn't vote, and agree with both @Trident & @Kongo. DeepInstinct has been running nicely on my physical win10 for +38 days. I am online almost exclusively including email from VMs which use different av depending on which VM I'm using -- past 5 days with Checkpoint Harmony, which I am liking and also slowly learning. Harmony appears to offer excellent web protection.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
This seems a little crazy comparing a (approx.)50 dollar a year program to a free one, If deep instinct isn't better or way better save your money no?
True. But you can basically say that about pretty much any other AV out there. There are only very few AV's that are as good as Kaspersky. Even if it's only the free version.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Can't say much about that as I haven't been testing Kaspersky for quite a while. But yeah, it definitely wasn't one of the lightest solutions when I was testing it the last time.
Kaspersky is decently light, but I dont think its the lightest. I just like keeping it at default settings with a default deny setup, making everything extreme is a massive preformance decrease.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
This comparison is totally useless.
Even if DeepInstinct is very effective, and for me, more effective than Kaspersky, you need to know how to use it and configure it properly.
It's geared towards businesses, and especially for those who want their protection to be just right.

I use DeepInstinct and I wouldn't take it off the market for the world, but I had to learn how to use it properly.
I still voted for DeepInstinct because I like it so much.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
But if it provides one of the best protection available does it really matter if its a bit heavy? Not saying you, but some people are so obsessive about ram usage over usability and effectiveness.
I have a more than sufficient abundance of RAM, so for me does the "feel" seem sluggish or a slowdown with a particular av. Most av actually "feel" about the same, but for me Kaspersky "feels" a noticeable beat more sluggish. It matters only in the sense that I'm expecting usual responsiveness from pc, and I do notice when it is less so. Perhaps a relic_feeling from years past... :unsure:

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
I have a more than sufficient abundance of RAM, so for me does the "feel" seem sluggish or a slowdown with a particular av. Most av actually "feel" about the same, but for me Kaspersky "feels" a noticeable beat more sluggish. It matters only in the sense that I'm expecting usual responsiveness from pc, and I do notice when it is less so. Perhaps a relic_feeling from years past... :unsure:
My gamer buddy run Kaspersky but got hit with a stealer. I changed his setup fast. Goes to show that zero hour malware is bypassing too much edr these days:(

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
...but am I the only one who thinks that Kaspersky always feels heavier than most of the others? :unsure:
EDIT: I had not run Kaspersky Standard win10_VM in nearly a month, booted it up this afternoon, did some updates, and changing my opinion, my post above, ie, Kaspersky Standard is feeling relatively light and snappy, not heavy.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
Can anyone help me with the directions to download Deep Instinct Endpoint? I didn't find any link to download. I've never heard of it before and would like to give it a try

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.