DeepInstinct Endpoint vs Kaspersky Free

• DeepInstinct Endpoint

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Kaspersky Free

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compare list
Effectiveness against all kinds of threats.
False Positive Rates.
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

You need to connect to your DeepInstinct Dashboard.
Then go to Settings, Deployment.
You'll see the deployment configuration, and you can download DeepInstinct (an icon with an arrow next to the version number).

When you launch the installation, you'll need :

- The URL of your console server
- Your installation token

It will download your configuration and run a full anti-malware scan afterwards.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
You'll see the deployment configuration, and you can download DeepInstinct (an icon with an arrow next to the version number).

It will download your configuration and run a full anti-malware scan afterwards.
He probably thinks it's like home products, go to a site and download, which obviously doesn't work that way...

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
This comparison is totally useless.
Even if DeepInstinct is very effective, and for me, more effective than Kaspersky, you need to know how to use it and configure it properly.
It's geared towards businesses, and especially for those who want their protection to be just right.

I use DeepInstinct and I wouldn't take it off the market for the world, but I had to learn how to use it properly.
I still voted for DeepInstinct because I like it so much.
I am honoured that you liked DeepInstinct after I requested a test.
My friend asked me to ask you instead if you would be interested in testing SentinelOne and he can help you get a copy of the OEM version from SonicWall. And he said the odds are that you would like the S1.:)

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Can anyone help me with the directions to download Deep Instinct Endpoint? I didn't find any link to download. I've never heard of it before and would like to give it a try
Enterprise products don't usually offer trials, but you can ask them to give you a demonstration of the features in a meeting. You can contact the official DI email address to ask, chances are they won't reply. If they don't get back to you, you can approach the reseller, which was discussed in another thread.
I'm sorry I can't lend it to you to test it, as testing apparently requires a fully privileged sub-account, which would pose some risk to our production environment.

EDIT: I didn't make a vote on who to compare this post too based on the fact that DI is an enterprise product. Comparing it to Kaspersky should also be comparing KESC, definitely not a personal product, much less a free version, although Kaspersky does a better job than DI in many areas.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I am honoured that you liked DeepInstinct after I requested a test.
My friend asked me to ask you instead if you would be interested in testing SentinelOne and he can help you get a copy of the OEM version from SonicWall. And he said the odds are that you would like the S1.:)

You can tell him I'll take care of it as soon as I get a key :)

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
Looks like

It looks like a registration is required and in the process, they are asking for my website and company. I may be mistaken here. Can you guide me?

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Looks like

It looks like a registration is required and in the process, they are asking for my website and company. I may be mistaken here. Can you guide me?

Don't go through DeepInstinct itself, because they won't answer you.
On one of my PCs, I bought it from them (in company, you put what you want): Home - Cyberforce Security LLC

( My personal PC uses a license that @ShenguiTurmi kindly gave me )

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
Don't go through DeepInstinct itself, because they won't answer you.
On one of my PCs, I bought it from them (in company, you put what you want): Home - Cyberforce Security LLC

( My personal PC uses a license that @ShenguiTurmi kindly gave me )
Thanks! Unless they have a trial or a giveaway to offer, I think I will pass. I do not intend to shell out for another antimalware solution; I'm already subscribed with quite a few and they are all pretty good

eScan in particular does not get the credit that it deserves; I keep experimenting and it consistently outperforms the top-tier solutions like Kaspersky, McAfee and Bitdefender

Reactions: Shadowra

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
eScan in particular does not get the credit that it deserves; I keep experimenting and it consistently outperforms the top-tier solutions like Kaspersky, McAfee and Bitdefender
They need to work a bit on their website, it’s probably the worst I’ve seen not only in the AV industry.

Reactions: Jonny Quest

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
They need to work a bit on their website, it’s probably the worst I’ve seen not only in the AV industry.
Agree, it does not inspire confidence. It looks to cartoonish.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Agree, it does not inspire confidence. It looks to cartoonish.
These stock photos were heavily used by Norton/Symantec in 2006. It was quite a while ago.

Reactions: Jonny Quest

Neutrophil

Feb 26, 2023

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
yes, eScan definitely needs to work on the design; even the product's user interface looks like it's designed by school kids but you know, if you can get past the design aspect, it just shines when it comes to protection

Its proactive behaviour monitor is brilliant

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
yes, eScan definitely needs to work on the design; even the product's user interface looks like it's designed by school kids but you know, if you can get past the design aspect, it just shines when it comes to protection

Its proactive behaviour monitor is brilliant

The last time I wanted to test it, it was so aggressive that it froze my virtual machine...
That was 8 months ago... I haven't tried it again. I'll see about that soon.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
And like scam site too. You are right, it reminds me of Spyware Terminator.
Lol! I wouldn't say it looks like a scam site though but yes, they should think of redesigning their website and their products; they lack finesse no doubt

they have ties with some very eminent organizations and with the Indian Government; with a clientele like that, they are kind of like Kaspersky but in my view, even better

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.