Advice Request What is the real difference between AVG and Avast?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Adguard is not Avast or AVG. i think you are in the wrong topic.

I was referring to the last paragraph here:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
The protection is the same whether it is AVG or Avast.

Avast has more modules, even more with its version One. But I find it a gas factory from time to time and for me it has lost its soul as a simple antivirus for beginners.

AVG has an interface that is for me a little old-fashioned, but it still does the job. Less modules, so lighter.

As for the aggressions they make to push to the paid version, both do it very well... Even if AVG does it less often.

you say AVG has less modules? can you elaborate please?

So, AVG has less modules than Avast but its efficiency is the same ? :unsure:
What are the missing modules for AVG ? :unsure:

Lymphocyte

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2014
The only main difference I see between both products, apart from que UI is that in the free edition, AVG comes with file shredder while in Avast you would need to buy the full edition if you want that feature.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.