Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I believe AVG has fewer scareware/nagging pop ups, though Avast has more "features"
+1 to all of this.i like avg better .it is a little lighter because there are less modules
actually i am using it on my main computer and on my two android phones and my family phones too+1 to all of this.
Agreed. That's what I prefer as one of my alternative AVs when not using M$D.I prefer and find AVG cleaner and better finished, while Avast always seems to be unstable. The protection of both is the same, there is no winner.
Isn't Banking Mode Available in Avast Secure Browser?Having tried both AVG free and Avast I much prefer Avast for the important security extras that AVG lacks . First Bank Mode which I use for banking & shopping . It is a virtual desktop with anti keylogger, anti screen logger and anti clipboard logger protection . Also Avast free has a firewall which AVG free doesnt together with a Hardened mode for anti exe protection, again not featured in Avg. For me Avast is light and fast and occasional upgrade prompts are easily ignored.
you say AVG has less modules? can you elaborate please?The protection is the same whether it is AVG or Avast.
Avast has more modules, even more with its version One. But I find it a gas factory from time to time and for me it has lost its soul as a simple antivirus for beginners.
AVG has an interface that is for me a little old-fashioned, but it still does the job. Less modules, so lighter.
As for the aggressions they make to push to the paid version, both do it very well... Even if AVG does it less often.
Adguard is not Avast or AVG. i think you are in the wrong topic.Update: I found out that I might have had a problem with Adguard for Windows desktop. Even after I tried excluding it in the AV and vice versa, there were still timeouts, etc., when loading multiple pages. The problem disappears only when I use browser addons.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes