Advice Request What is your keylogger defense in 2020?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Kaspersky Anti-Virus free has a function to protect input from the hardware keyboard, that is, the input text is encrypted immediately when typing on the keyboard. But I turned off it, since the SpyShelter Firewall already encrypts text when typing.
i am really think to use your combo is it light ?? have you faced any conflict problems ??

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
No i
assuming you've installed gpg correctly it should work but you can check that the path variable is set correctly:

search for "env" (Edit the System Variables)
Make sure that gnupg\bin folder is in your path like:
donot install it . shall i download it from here.
which tool shall i download :unsure: :unsure: ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None. Avoid Malware. Use your web knowledge to avoid scams/dodgy downloads.
  • Always use a supported OS that is always up-to-date.
  • Keep your Antivirus updated flag down known malware.
  • Use an up-to-date modern browser with a few trusted privacy extensions.
  • Keep Google SafeBrowsing or Microsoft SmartScreen enabled to help avoid Phishing sites.

Your security is probably already compromised if a Keylogger is found on your PC. Think about it.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
None. Avoid Malware. Use your web knowledge to avoid scams/dodgy downloads.
  • Always use a supported OS that is always up-to-date.
  • Keep your Antivirus updated flag down known malware.
  • Use an up-to-date modern browser with a few trusted privacy extensions.
  • Keep Google SafeBrowsing or Microsoft SmartScreen enabled to help avoid Phishing sites.

Your security is probably already compromised if a Keylogger is found on your PC. Think about it.
this is done already
however i am thinking about methods such as this type of malware could infect the PC

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Say "NO" to any pirated or suspicious free software
Follow a key change schedule (eg every three weeks)
For low-profile daily tasks, use a "limited privileges" profile in your operating system.
Use a modern and up-to-date browser (eg Firefox…), to help you avoid MiTB-type attacks (from English “Man in The Browser.” Literally, “Man in the browser”).
Backup your data, to avoid data loss in case your account is compromised
Use 2-factor authentication, which will protect your accounts even if someone finds out your password.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Hi gents,
i was wondering what are you use for providing some type of key-logger protection
as you know key-logger is some types of malicious software which record your keystrokes and capture it to steal
are you depend only on your security vendor (if it is piece of software has key logging protection) especially when you log in your banking account :unsure::unsure: ?? or you have some tweaks done with your OS built in system to harden the OS against these kinds of this malware ?. i am delighted to hear your opinion :):)
Haha...is not obvoius that my answer is - SpyShelter? 😎 Why?...
- because I can
- because SS offers not only anti-logger protection
- so actualy there is nothing better in this kind of apps...maybe nothing better among non-signature multifeatured scurity apps?

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Haha...is not obvoius that my answer is - SpyShelter? Why?...
- because I can
- because SS offers not only anti-logger protection
- so actualy there is nothing better in this kind of apps...maybe nothing better among non-signature multifeatured scurity apps?😎
Also Kaspersky has this type of protection as i remember. (although it is signature based)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.