Advice Request What is your keylogger defense in 2020?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The HSBC bank gives out hardware one time password tokens to all it's clients. Keyloggers are no match against that. However, where there is a will there is a way, if by chance you have a million bucks stowed away in your account.
yes i am using it . which called "Secure key" it is password code generator and it really good 2FA method to guarantee that your credentials is not being entered by another person.but there also option to log without secure key if you checked your online account log on process also so i think proactive key logger protection is necessary which really i am missing in Emsisoft AM which also doesn't have secure browser as another vendor internet security suites.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
i asked that question in Emsisoft forums and it was replied that key logger detection in Emsisoft depend mainly on triggering BB blocker
From that tread
We used to make a firewall software called "Online Armor", and it had a "Banking Protection" feature. Such things are generally just marketing gimmicks relying on existing protection mechanisms, with one or two unnecessary extras thrown in to make the protection sound like it's better than it really is.
And this is said by such people for whom OA was the best existed firewall and which software is builded on technology of others companies...liers and hipocrites...even 10 years is not so much to forget

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.