Advice Request What is your take on the Kaspersky Ban in US, UK and EU?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kaspersky ban is based on .....

• Innocent: the US hearings and EU report lacked hard evidence?

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • uncertain: where there is smoke there is fire,

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • it is fishy: three is a strike US, UK and EU can't all be wrong

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • have not made my mind up in this matter

Votes: 26 27.7%

• Total voters

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Well Kaspersky said they will have a 3rd party examine and independently oversee those operations to confirm that they are analyzed there so they can't just have a server farm there that sends the data back to Russia, they would have to be more slick about it. I think they wanted to create this center in Europe anyway and now they can capitalize on this to help their reputation. They do have labs around the world to analyze malware not just in Russia.

The media is being hypocritical for many reasons ignoring how much Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Intel cooperate with Five Eyes intelligence all of them gathering keywords for them. My worry are Kaspersky's servers. If Israeli and US intelligence were able to hack them to find their own malware hiding there in plain sight, then Kaspersky needs to forty them further although this will probably be a cat and mouse game they will never win.

Reactions: Nevi and JeanCraie

JeanCraie

Level 1
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
Waiting for the moment when effective CPUs are going to be produced somewhere else ahah, which is not soon unfortunately ahah.

I'll be ok that Huawei and Kaspersky get banned as long as Apple and Starbucks get banned as well ($999 pro stand and p###y juice water is a crime). Without these conditions, no ban.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.