Advice Request What Kaspersky Configuration can I do to provide the largest amount of Protection Possible?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I've seen alot of guides related to heavily increasing the protection of Kaspersky via HIPS. I want to know the best possible configuration to both have extremely high detection rates of malware, while also utilizing HIPS to reduce any damage that undetected malware can do.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
To achieve a high level of protection with Kaspersky, I recommend the following configuration:

1. Set Kaspersky to perform real-time protection and automatic scanning of all files, downloads, and websites that you visit.

2. Turn on the Cloud Protection service to get the latest information about new threats and suspicious programs.

3. Enable the System Watcher feature, which monitors system behavior and rolls back any unwanted changes, if detected.

4. Configure the HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) to alert you of any suspicious activities and prompt you when an unknown application tries to execute code on your system.

5. Set the Privacy Protection module to block suspicious requests from applications that try to access your personal information.

By following these steps, you'll have a powerful combination of threat detection and prevention, while also utilizing the HIPS feature to reduce the impact of undetected malware.

Reactions: nicos181987

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You can perform a search here, in Kaspersky section of the forum, but in the sticky section:

Also, recently posted:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Check also:

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Ty. Do you know if these "break" kaspersky in any way though, as idk if modifying HIPS just to deny things affects the detection capabilities of other components.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
as idk if modifying HIPS just to deny things affects the detection capabilities of other components.
I don't think so, also HIPS does not detect anything, HIPS just warns (or block) depending on the rules were set, so the detection capabilities of the other protection modules are not affected...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I want to know the best possible configuration to both have extremely high detection rates of malware, while also utilizing HIPS to reduce any damage that undetected malware can do.
What kind of risks are you exposing to your system and data? Are you interacting with malware samples on this system?

95% of protection is managed by the user, 5% is the software.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
What kind of risks are you exposing to your system and data? Are you interacting with malware samples on this system?

Nah I just want it to be hardened. I dont do anything related to malware downloads and stuff, I just wanna have good protection when I get my new pc. I cant risk that getting bricked or damaged in some way.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023

I dont really expose myself to much tbh.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.