Advice Request What network type to use for running malware in VMware Fusion?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Network type for running malware in Fusion

• Share with my Mac (Network access, similar to NAT in VBox?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Private to my Mac (No network access, similar to Host-Only in VBox)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheBlueCreeper512

Level 2
Thread author
May 14, 2020
I currently use a Fusion Windows 10 VM on my MacBook Pro to run some ransomware for my YouTube channel, normally what I'll do is I'll download the sample I need from inside the VM and then disconnect the network adapter and then run the malware, my question is, what network type should I use, in Fusion the network options are: Internet Sharing: Share with my Mac, Bridged Networking, Custom: Private to my Mac. Also what network type should I use for if I want network access while running the malware?

Reactions: Protomartyr

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You might find some useful information here

All malicious software is dangerous even if contained. If misconfigured, it can expose your machine, your network and IoT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.