Question What Note-Taking software do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
For years I've been using OneNote 2007 for all my notes and ideas.Despite its age, I preferred that as works offline, doesn't try to get my data up onto MS Cloud.

maxresdefault.jpg

However, I knew that need to change, so have been looking around for modern Note -Taking software to replace it.

I'm loving Obsidian, incredible update in note-taking abilities

846877108225678_hero-image.png

and recently I discovered Logseq. Also fabulous (y)(y)(y)

2022-05-01-Window.png

What do you use to take all your notes, and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Standard Notes and Sticky Notes. Sticky Notes is basically a lighter version of One Notes.
Sticky Notes :) (y)
The big advantage is that you don't have to consciously save it. Since it stands out on the desktop, there is less risk of losing it.
....However, sticky notes on real desks are often lost. Mystery.:coffee:

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Cherrytree hierarchical note taking software. Great for documenting just about anything IT related. Works well for pentesting plan and result documentation.

Reactions: Chigwells

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.