Advice Request What Security Program Do You Keep Going Back To No Matter What?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
{First wanted to say everyone be safe out there no matter where you are now since were all going nuts at home with are wives or kids thought i would strike a conversation}

What security program no matter what do you always go back to even when you know it does not work but in your mind your hoping it is fixed
or perhaps the program is slow or heavy what ever situation it is. to me i know the security program does not work full of bugs 1003 it is Comodo
I always give this program a try once in awhile perhaps I like to repair my system after it crashes or for perhaps i am hoping it is fixed but I always go back to it

So Comodo pro is what i always go back to

So What Would Be Your Security Program Would You Always Go Back To ?

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
For me, it would be Malwarebytes Premium. I have a lifetime license. Each year, i reinstall it and after a few days, I uninstall it. It's too resource hungry and slows down my computer. I use Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Chrome and Edge though and like it very much....

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I go back and forth with AV apps. Webroot, and NOD32. But one app I keep using both on my computer and my mobile, is Express VPN. It give me a nice layer of security on top of what I use otherwise. Especially when making money transactions.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Need no words for this I guess 🤖
e.png

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
I keep going back to Kaskersky. I like the automatization. I don't have to worry about processors, and decide whether or not to allow or block the processor etc. In my opinion Kaspersky is one of the must trusted AV-companies out there, alongside couple of others.

B

BVLon

I have tried several AV and Security Suite products, but I go back always to G Data Total Security.
I respect yours and everyone else's choice, but there is no way I will not say it... Jeesus Christ Xxx
This is one seriously messed up product, where the term "German Quality" just can't be applied without shame. GData never got anything in their software right, and while it has for sure got better now, it is still lighting years behind many other vendors. The "Meine Daten bleiben in Deutschland" statement is cool tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberPanther

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I respect yours and everyone else's choice, but there is no way I will not say it... Jeesus Christ Xxx
This is one seriously messed up product, where the term "German Quality" just can't be applied without shame. GData never got anything in their software right, and while it has for sure got better now, it is still lighting years behind many other vendors. The "Meine Daten bleiben in Deutschland" statement is cool tho.

I respect your opinion about G Data and I found there are positive improvements than before. Right now I am using Trend Micro Maximum Security and I am happy with it. I think I will keep it on my new device, as I am following up with your tests to it. Also the positive feedback I have seen from reputable websites.

I am a bit torn now between two high-quality contenders.

View attachment 235161 vs View attachment 235162

I recommend Trend Micro as from my experience Norton lags and stops while scanning large number of items.

B

BVLon

I respect your opinion about G Data and I found there are positive improvements than before. Right now I am using Trend Micro Maximum Security and I am happy with it. I think I will keep it on my new device, as I am following up with your tests to it. Also the positive feedback I have seen from reputable websites.
I've been using it for some time now (<2 months) as well and I feel it will be my go-to security product soon. Also, I heard they will bring some positive improvements to their 2021 edition. I hope it won't be too affected by the quarantine and everything... I've put it to an extensive test and it hasn't failed me so far.

I recommend Trend Micro as from my experience Norton lags and stops while scanning large number of items.
Norton is a perfect product that I have been using for about 12 years, but now I have a 6-year TM license and I might as well enjoy it and save my money. Also, I know Norton too well now and I wanna see how TM is doing it.

I'm not going easy on TM
1584878352607.png

CyberPanther

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I've been using it for some time now (<2 months) as well and I feel it will be my go-to security product soon. Also, I heard they will bring some positive improvements to their 2021 edition. I hope it won't be too affected by the quarantine and everything... I've put it to an extensive test and it hasn't failed me so far.

Norton is a perfect product that I have been using for about 12 years, but now I have a 6-year TM license and I might as well enjoy it and save my money. Also, I know Norton too well now and I wanna see how TM is doing it.

I'm not going easy on TM
View attachment 235165

Great performance by TM. I used before for a couple of years.
Also, I obtained a 6 years license for 3 devices. Their support is fast and they respond to quickly.

B

BVLon

Great performance by TM. I used before for a couple of years.
Also, I obtained a 6 years license for 3 devices. Their support is fast and they respond to quickly.
Where did you get that from? I was provided with this license by a friend who's at their UK office, I can add maybe 6 more years to it? Lol
Mine is for 10 devices. And support is indeed the best I have seen for an AV product.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I got Sandboxie back here after (stupidly) pridefully refusing to jump thru hoops on Sophos' site. This is now the third time.

It goes open-source soon, not sure when. And Windows will update to v. 2004 in about a month. So, we'll see.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
In the past I often would not use one product for too long, as I would feel the need to try other products. It was not an attempt to find a product with better protection, but just to satisfy my curiosity. But I've never become attached enough to any product to keep coming back to it.

Right now, I've been using 360 Total Security Premium for quite some time now and like it enough not to change antiviruses every few months. It doesn't have amazing protection (although it's not terrible either), but it's enough for me and I like that it's highly configurable. I have many different antiviruses installed on my test PC, so I can test different antiviruses on that, rather than on my main PC.

B

BVLon

In the past I often would not use one product for too long, as I would feel the need to try other products. It was not an attempt to find a product with better protection, but just to satisfy my curiosity. But I've never become attached enough to any product to keep coming back to it.

Right now, I've been using 360 Total Security Premium for quite some time now and like it enough not to change antiviruses every few months. It doesn't have amazing protection (although it's not terrible either), but it's enough for me and I like that it's highly configurable. I have many different antiviruses installed on my test PC, so I can test different antiviruses on that, rather than on my main PC.
It's a bit dodgy :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.