Advice Request What Security Program Do You Keep Going Back To No Matter What?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I just hope that devs read them comments and I criticise the products as you see, not the people using them. However there are products that users should learn to stay away of. Unlike many people here on this forum, who blindly defend one AV, I have explored quite a huge list of them and I have mentioned pros and cons, and who will they be perfect for. I am not repeating “Norton”, “Norton” like a zombie.
Any claim that I make is well supported. There are other people who try to play smart and force their incompetent opinion on others, such as the thread that I saw recently that TotalAV is a scam (I wasn’t tagged, but it was clearly and passive-aggresive addressed to me), when I dug to the bottom of the company and found out it is not. It’s just a cheap and ineffective garbage. This kind of opinions will obviously be met with a fuss. If we won’t be telling the truth, it’s better we don’t say anything at all.
You just claiming things without to prove that are facts, that's the whole story about you, all is just your personal user experience and nothing different to any other opinion by other users here, but others don't using your style to comment/discuss without any respect to other people ;)

B

BVLon

You just claiming things without to prove that are facts, that's the whole story about you, all is just your personal user experience and nothing different to any other opinion by other users here, but others don't using your style to comment/discuss without any respect to other people ;)
Which claim is not a proven fact? That G Data in its >30 year history never got anything in their software right or that Qihoo is a dodgy company?

Reactions: toto_10

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Which claim is not a proven fact? That G Data in its >30 year history never got anything in their software right or that Qihoo is a dodgy company?
Obviously, you are less old than 30 years, so how you know about what happens since 30 years of history by GData 😜
Your are really arrogant to believe that any developer would like to listen to your suggestions to improve their software 🤣

Nothing more to discuss from my point of view, You can continue to claim what are your proven facts!

B

BVLon

Obviously, you are less old than 30 years, so how you know about what happens since 30 years of history by GData 😜
Your are really arrogant to believe that any developer would like to listen to your suggestions to improve their software 🤣

Nothing more to discuss from my point of view, You can continue to claim what are your proven facts!
Let’s just say I read a lot. Can someone actually prove that G Data ever got anything right? 😉😝
Seeing where they stand today, I can imagine where they’ve stood ages ago. Also, developers do listen to consumers. We are the people who are paying and we are the people who make their salaries. Without our data or payment, they won’t exist. In an over-saturated field your consumer is the most important one. There is no monopole there.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Don't fight guys. Calm down. This is a nice thread and we are getting to know who likes which security programs more than others. Don't get angry at each other and argue over other's choices. Let's keep it civil and on topic :)

Hallelujah! This is no time for conflict. There are enough other problems world-wide.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.