Battle What software in the survey are you using?

Compare list
ComodoFirewal
Cylance
Emsisoft Anti-Malware
HitmanPro.Alert
OSArmor
Sophos
SysHardener
Voodoo Shield Pro

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I tried this but it does nothing, just set the endpoint security rules, like strong password etc.. but it cannot prevent that you download bad stuff or open phishing page, I wrote them too asking to confirm this and then I removed and ended the trial, did I miss something?

I forgot KIS in the list! I though VDS and OSA are the same thing, in what they differ? Pro/cons?
Sorry can't help you with that.
Symantec Endpoint Protection is configured by the IT department in my company.
It's just there for me on my work laptop and works there like any AV.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What is the difference between Hard Configurator and SysHardener?

and is it enough to protect from possible threats?

I tried this but could not understand its purpose, many non HTTPS websites trigger the usual yellow warning, what is the point of blocking non HTTPS websites ?
SysHardner "only" hardens Windows settings to mitigate cybersecurity threats.
Hard Configurator does more and is default-deny protection.
Probably others can explain better...
Have a look at their websites for more information:
Hard Configurator: Hard_Configurator and AndyFul/Hard_Configurator on this forum: Discuss - Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator
SysHardener: Harden Windows Settings with SysHardener | NoVirusThanks on this forum: NVT SysHardener: Harden Windows Settings

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SysHardner "only" hardens Windows settings to mitigate cybersecurity threats.
Hard Configurator does more and is default-deny protection.
Probably others can explain better...
Have a look at their websites for more information:
Hard Configurator: Hard_Configurator and AndyFul/Hard_Configurator
SysHardener: Harden Windows Settings with SysHardener | NoVirusThanks
Adding to what @Gandalf_The_Grey said: Hard_Configurator's unique contribution to security is that it activates the native Windows Software Restriction Policies, and provides an easy way to configure them. They are very powerful and can be used both in default-allow and in default-deny configurations.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Adding to what @Gandalf_The_Grey said: Hard_Configurator's unique contribution to security is that it activates the native Windows Software Restriction Policies, and provides an easy way to configure them. They are very powerful and can be used both in default-allow and in default-deny configurations.
Like I said others can explain better :D
And don't forget the great support here from the creator of Hard Configurator: @Andy Ful

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.