What song/album are you listening to right now?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
There wouldn't be too many people on the planet who 'put a little boogie' into more people than this dude! Ab Fab.
He is definitely a musical inspiration, if that makes sense.

RAYE: Tiny Desk Concert:

Description:

"I'm a songwriter for a living, okay. I usually have all the words but I'm genuinely speechless." RAYE told the audience at her Tiny Desk. "All I've wanted is to be seen and respected as a musician."

The South London-bred singer-songwriter had finally made her way to NPR headquarters, her signature cherry-hued pin curls full of bounce and a radiant smile spread across her face. It was a long time coming, and in a re-arranged set of songs from her stunning debut album tailored to the Tiny Desk, RAYE exuded the confidence and abilities of a veteran vocal powerhouse.

In the game for over a decade, RAYE's debut album was 7 years in the making after being stuck in a major label deal that had her confined to recording mainstream pop and electronic records, and penning hits for other artists instead of executing her own creative vision. Now independent, she released the genre-busting My 21st Century Blues this year, an impressive and raw album that touches on some of the artist's most vulnerable life experiences. Over the course of her Tiny Desk, RAYE's musicianship shines as she displays a melange of jazz scats, gospel and blues inflections. Closing out her set with "Buss It Down.," she recruits the audience for some call and response action only after giving us a brief vocal lesson, 'cause that's just how particular she is. If this Tiny Desk concert is your introduction to RAYE, prepare to be enraptured.

SET LIST
"Worth It."
"Five Star Hotels."
"Mary Jane."
"Buss It Down."

MUSICIANS
RAYE: vocals
Matthew Brooks: drums
Liv Thompson: bass
Briana Washington: keys
Paul Murray: guitar
Michael Cordone: trumpet
Greg DeAngelis: trombone
DeSean Jones: saxophone

TINY DESK TEAM
Producers: Bobby Carter, Ashley Pointer
Director/Editor: Maia Stern
Audio Engineer: Josh Rogosin
Creative Director: Bob Boilen
Videographers: Maia Stern, Kara Frame, Sofia Seidel, Alanté Serene
Audio Assistant: Neil Tevault
Production Assistant: Jill Britton
Tiny Desk Team: Suraya Mohamed, Joshua Bryant, Marissa Lorusso, Hazel Cills, Pilar Galván
VP, Visuals and Music: Keith Jenkins
Senior VP, Programming: Anya Grundmann

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I've got a couple of stories to go along with the song below. I was in the hospital in Saigon, wounded during Tet '68. When I awoke, there was a nurse standing beside my bed doing something with an IV bottle. I looked at her and asked, "Am I in Heaven?" She smiled down at me and said, "If this is Heaven, get me out of here."

The other story happened a few days later. About four beds down from me was a kid (19 years old) they'd brought in the day before. He was in bad shape. The next day, they brought in curtains, on rollers, and put them around his bed. A nurse went in, was there a while, and then another took her place, and that went on all day. All the guys at that end of the hospital ward got kind of quiet, talking in whispers, and watching the curtains.

The soldier was dying. We all knew it. We found out the nurses were sitting with him, holding his hand and whispering to him, hoping that even in a coma some part of him would hear them, or feel their touch, and he'd know he wasn't dying all alone. That's when I knew, those Army nurses really cared about us. We all thought maybe they were the only ones who did. Our country sure didn't seem to. Those girls put in 12 to 16 hour days, 6 days a week. Sometimes they didn't get their day off, and they took an hour after their shift was over to sit with a dying man, so he'd have someone with him when he passed away. God bless them. They're the real heroes of that war.

Last edited:

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
You had me on this one with the first opening notes..nice one :) I will be checking on more of her tomorrow, hopefully, she's on Spotify.
Hello @Jonny Quest,

Nice, this is the second song that I have heard by Molly Pease after finding her SoundCloud (Mollypmusic) by accident yesterday; when I was trying to find a video of her live jazz recital performance / cover of the song Christmas In The Silent Forest.

That I saw / heard several years ago that is now private on YouTube, unfortunately.

Fortunately, her SoundCloud had another live performance of that song: Christmas In The Silent Forest - (LIVE RECORDING).

I might contact her through her website's contact page to see if she can unprivate her video on YouTube of her jazz recital of that song.

I will also be listening to more of her songs from her SoundCloud, her website, her YouTube channel, et cetera.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Hello @Jonny Quest,

Nice, this is the second song that I have heard by Molly Pease after finding her SoundCloud (Mollypmusic) by accident yesterday; when I was trying to find a video of her live jazz recital performance / cover of the song Christmas In The Silent Forest.

That I saw / heard several years ago that is now private on YouTube, unfortunately.

Fortunately, her SoundCloud had another live performance of that song: Christmas In The Silent Forest - (LIVE RECORDING).

I might contact her through her website's contact page to see if she can unprivate her video on YouTube of her jazz recital of that song.

I will also be listening to more of her songs from her SoundCloud, her website, her YouTube channel, et cetera.
Yes, thank you, YouTube definitely works. Subscribed, so I don't lose track of her :)

Stacy Kent is one of my favorites. She's good for a couple of songs, then I move on. This one is one of those that I could just lay back on the couch, turn the lights down, and take it in.
The guy on the cover is her husband, who plays the sax about 1/2 way through.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.