What song/album are you listening to right now?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
I like that you included the Description, as I didn't realize Elvis Costello wrote and sang that song.
Yep, and Diana Krall is another one of my favorites. Nice post :)
Thanks, @Jonny Quest, nice, Diana Krall's version was the second version that I heard of Almost Blue.

I did not realize that Elvis Costello had written it either because I heard one of the Chet Baker versions of Almost Blue first, back in maybe 1999 or 2000; not this exact version, the one that I remember was better than this one, but I could be wrong:

Almost Blue:

Description:
Almost Blue · Chet Baker

Plays and Sings

℗ 1968, Chet Baker

Released on: 2021-11-10

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
@Shadowra (y) remembered me to play a few songs of

Stromae: Tiny Desk Concert:

Description:

Stephen Thompson | December 5, 2022
Belgian dance-pop superstar Stromae puts on one of the best live shows in the world — here’s a two-song set from 2015, presented as evidence — but his stage presentation is tough to strip down. To say nothing of the light show, Stromae’s throbbingly impeccable arrangements involve the extensive use of pre-recorded tracks, all of which are frowned upon at the Tiny Desk. So, given a simple three-word assignment (“no preset sounds”), his team set about re-creating Stromae’s music so that it could be performed in real time.

This involved more gleaming tech than we could have ever imagined when we launched Tiny Desk concerts nearly 15 years ago — veritable banks of laptops, mixers and synthesizers, with multiple producers working out of frame — but damned if every sound in this set wasn’t crafted and played live on the spot. Stromae and his team had to come a day early for hours of setup and rehearsals, and even the band’s clothing was handpicked from the singer’s fashion line, but what they produced felt loose-limbed and organic in the spirit of the series.

It helps that, as heard on this year’s outstanding Multitude, Stromae’s songs draw from a deep well of lived emotion. Backed by three members of the Bulgarian women’s choir Yasna Voices, Stromae kicked off his set with “L’enfer,” a wrenching acknowledgement of suicidal thoughts. The song’s chorus, translated to English, reads, “Sometimes I’ve had suicidal thoughts and I’m not proud of it / Sometimes you feel it’d be the only way to silence them / All these thoughts putting me through hell.”

From there, Stromae’s song selections conveyed lighter moods, but even his most danceable tracks contain undercurrents of darkness and conflict: “Santé” is a toast to those who can’t celebrate, “Alors on danse” (from 2009’s Cheese) embraces dancing as a way to drown out life’s hardships and “Mon amour” attempts to reassure a lover against a backdrop of infidelity and dysfunction. On its own, each track is a heady cocktail of painstaking craft and hard-won joy. Taken together, they form a portrait of a world-class showman at the height of his powers.

SET LIST
“L’enfer”
“Santé”
“Alors on danse”
“Mon amour”

MUSICIANS
Stromae: vocals
Manoli Avgoustinatos: keyboards, charango, vocals
Yoshi Masuda: keyboard, vocals
Simon LeSaint: drums, vocals
Florian Rossi: keyboard, vocals

Yasna Voices NY Bulgarian Women’s Choir, directed by Vlada Tomova
Mimi Berkova
Larkin Grimm
Vlada Tomova

TINY DESK TEAM
Producer: Bob Boilen
Director/Editor: Maia Stern
Audio Engineer: Josh Rogosin
Series Producer: Bobby Carter
Videographers: Joshua Bryant, Maia Stern, Pierre Kattar, Sofia Seidel
Production Assistants: Jill Britton, Alanté Serene
Tiny Desk Team: Suraya Mohamed, Marissa Lorusso, Hazel Cills, Kara Frame, Ashley Pointer, Teresa Xie
VP, Visuals and Music: Keith Jenkins
Senior VP, Programming: Anya Grundmann

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Kailee Morgue - Siren

You'll be seein' me in your dreams and
I'll be there when your reality drowns
There's a bright side
To every wrong thing
If you're looking at me through the right eyes
Darkness in my name
Don't you wanna come and play on the cool side
Don't be so shy
There's a pleasure in hidin' from the sun
No, I was never one for pretty weather
I'd rather be a creep, baby, follow me into the water
I'll take you to the darker
This could be perfection
A venom drippin' in your mouth
Singin' like a siren
Love me while your wrists are bound
You've been seeing me in your dreams but
You can pretend
That when you hear my voice
Darlin' it's a choice not to fall in
But it's all an act, 'cause I know exactly what you're wantin'
You know it's what I'm wantin'
Boy, I know what you desire
Oh, you're such a bad, bad liar
This could be perfection
Singin' like a siren
You've been seein' me in your dreams but
Boy, I know what you desire
Oh, you're such a bad, bad liar
I want you and I just can't take it
So, listen to me when I say it
This could be perfection
Singin' like a siren
You've been seein' me in your dreams but

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.