Advice Request What Streaming Service Do You Use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music. On sound quality Qobuz is the top and they do hi res streaming too. Next is Tidal which is also a lossless streaming services. I had a subscription to Deezer HiFi but discontinued it. On the ease of use parameter Spotify is #1 followed closely by Apple music.

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music. On sound quality Qobuz is the top and they do hi res streaming too. Next is Tidal which is also a lossless streaming services. I had a subscription to Deezer HiFi but discontinued it. On the ease of use parameter Spotify is #1 followed closely by Apple music.
Hi @R2D2 I am sorry to say that I cant have Qobuz is my Country Denmark, that is why I use Tidal/Deezer.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I use Spotify mainly for background on SONOS - For HQ (I suppose it's personal streaming) a mixture of around 1300 ripped CD's & downloaded FLAC albums that I can listen to in 3 rooms, streamed from HD in this PC but going to lash out on a new NAS :) :)

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Analog LPs, CDs and radio. Live radio, curated by human DJs who care about the music they play. (y)(y)
Yes, I am old school v.2.
Programming such as movies and sports need to be watched on a big screen, 55+ inches.
Music should be listened to with large speakers and a sub-woofer that can shake your windows, if you so choose.
A cell phone is for calls, texts, emails and occasionally checking for something on the web.
A computer is for shopping, banking, and reading web sites, (text only, no audio or video) and business tasks.
Watching a movie on a phone or tablet is wrong.
Listening to music with teeny weeny earbuds is also wrong.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yes, I am old school v.2.
Programming such as movies and sports need to be watched on a big screen, 55+ inches.
Music should be listened to with large speakers and a sub-woofer that can shake your windows, if you so choose. ( Just saying, not admitting , weed is legal here)
A cell phone is for calls, texts, emails and occasionally checking for something on the web.
A computer is for shopping, banking, and reading web sites, (text only, no audio or video) and business tasks.
Watching a movie on a phone or tablet is wrong.
Listening to music with teeny weeny earbuds is also wrong.
Flame away.
You can stream to a big screen. I say as I watch Star Trek: TNG on Blu-Ray on a comfy couch. But, usually we stream most things to the same tv.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Heaps of stations available on Sonos with thier radio app & have MyTunes app on too, I like listening to Irish stations & also some deep south USA music - Can play that in here on Sonos speakers & in lounge on Sonos AMP & my speakers, all good & free - Always had 'traditional Hi-Fi' (whatever that is) until last year :):):)

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.