What VPN has automatic IP Changer(Randomizer) feature?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I know HideMyAss has this feature. It also allows you to select your favorite IP servers and then automatically randomize them at a preset timing. However, HMA is highly questionable in its privacy policy. In short, it cannot be trusted.

I'm using WindScribe VPN and I can also randomize the IP by selecting a different server at a certain timing but it's not automatic. Similarly, for its Double-hop feature. This manual method of switching IP applies to most VPNs.

As for Tor browser you can just click a button and it automatically selects 3 different servers for its new path. But it's still have to be done manually.

If use IP randomizing software there's a chance that the proxy servers are not gigabit high speed servers unlike those provided by VPN providers. A slowdown in speed is expected.

So, anybody knows of this feature in your VPN?

Thanks

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ooops....just realized Tor browser changes its IP addresses every 10 minutes and you can set to change the timing even less

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Asr07

Level 1
Oct 4, 2017
HideMyAss had this feature. The latest version of the app does not implement this feature. However, you may download the previous version.

Good alternatives are: IPVanish and ibVPN (has free trial).

More info here: How to auto change IP

Reactions: Rengar

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
The only problem with changing geo-locations is home pages and search engines can be changed to ones in the
new location due to redirect - a form of hijacking.

Something to be aware of if you change to a vpn server location outside your country.

Asr07

Level 1
Oct 4, 2017
I struggle with this IP rotation issue for several months. VPNs are ok (I use ibvpn and IPVanish), but the switching time between IP configurations takes 15-30 seconds. Lately, I started to use proxies for certain auto tasks. Here is an article that I found that presents several rotating proxies options. Backconnect proxies are the ones that I prefer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.