What was your first antivirus?

khirito

Level 1
Oct 20, 2014
KIS 2006 was first and my favorite antivirus , I was using Kaspersky product from 2006-2015 and now i'm using ESET :)

Attachments

• wr.png
    wr.png
    26 KB · Views: 759
Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wave

I think mine was a really old version of Norton or McAfee.. Probably the 2009 editions of the AV products.

norton_antivirus_2009-168143-1.jpeg

0,1425,sz%3D1%26i%3D173083,00.jpg

I was really young at the time and of course no security product is full-proof and can protect a click-happy user and therefore I always ended up infected back then regardless of the AV products... :D

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Norton Anti-Virus (2004)
....then McAfee, then MSE, then Avira, then Bitdefender, then Comodo, then Avast, then AVG, back to Norton, now Avira again.

This is counting 2 desktops and 2 laptops AV changes of 12 years, from 2004 to 2016.

I put Zone Alarm w/firewall on the old desktop but its not used regularly.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Unfortinately not! Might have one somewhere in the attic but think i threw some really old stuff out a couple of years ago. Believe i saved Win 95 diskettes tho. Reason unclear. Interested? :p
Also got an old Hyundai 17" CRT monitor you can have for free if you come here and get it!;)
Thanks for the offer but I don't have a floppy drive anymore otherwise I'd be snapping your hand off ;) As for the monitor, I'm still happy using with my 15" AOC. Apparently there's an new technology called LCD but I'm not convinced it will take off :)

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for the offer but I don't have a floppy drive anymore otherwise I'd be snapping your hand off ;) As for the monitor, I'm still happy using with my 15" AOC. Apparently there's an new technology called LCD but I'm not convinced it will take off :)

:D
Considering some hardcore CS gamers who actively are searching for SONY CRT flatscreen monitors and even go as far as importing them from the US (to Sweden) one might wonder.... :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.